The return of the French GP?

It looks as dull to me like Abu Dhabi honestly and if I read that correctly they don't have any grandstands whatsoever there. So I don't think I'm too excited about that.
Would have been ok, if it had replaced one of the crap circuits, but alternating with Spa?? Don't like that too much...

It looks as dull to me like Abu Dhabi honestly and if I read that correctly they don't have any grandstands whatsoever there. So I don't think I'm too excited about that.
Would have been ok, if it had replaced one of the crap circuits, but alternating with Spa?? Don't like that too much...

Have to agree with this. SPA shouldn't be messed about with it's crazy not to go there every year.

Turkey is probably better than half the circuits at the moment:) Do we already know which of their 386 possible layouts they will use for F1 in Le Castellet?

Bernies just a spoil sport at times :(. Really wish for once he'd think of what the fans would want for once. Maybe Turkey and France would be better to alternate.

Unfourtunatly Turkey brings nothing to the F1 table! Unless a young Turkish driver comes to the fore or Effes beer suddenly buy a team to run we ain't going back. Look like a good Economic venture at the time but since the economy change Turkey is on a downer,

I assume Paul Richard still has the monster long straight on it? It's not been sanitised? If not all for that irrespective who pays what, anything to see a proper drag race track back on the calendar...........

Off topic rant approaching...

Look like a good Economic venture at the time but since the economy change Turkey is on a downer,
Actually Turkey hasn't been affected by the current global crisis very much at all. They had their own banking crisis 10 years earlier and came out of it fine (I was living there at the time).

The problem with the circuit is it is just in the wrong location.
They miss out on all the potential tourists as they are busy holidaying in the south of the country.
They also miss out on the affluent Turks as they too are busy holidaying in the south of the country.

On top of that, the time taken to exit the circuit is just painful - my cousin said it took him 6 hours after one race just to get to the main road. After that he never attended again.

I said at the time the circuit would last a few years and die; sadly I was proven right,

/end rant

I assume Paul Richard still has the monster long straight on it? It's not been sanitised? If not all for that irrespective who pays what, anything to see a proper drag race track back on the calendar...........
Yes indeedy! However I would hope that the DRS zone is somewhere else on the track, perhaps to aid the pursuer to keep close to the pursued in the run up to the straight. Otherwise the overtake will be a foregone conclusion before they've even got a third of the way down it!

I assume Paul Ricard still has the monster long straight on it? It's not been sanitised? If not all for that irrespective who pays what, anything to see a proper drag race track back on the calendar...........

1985 was the final time they used the entire Mistral Straight. There's a massive chicane in the middle of it now. I would love to see modern F1 cars use that whole straight without DRS, but it will never happen.

Apparently the authorities in Belgium are holding up the deal, wanting to renegotiate with Bernie for themselves.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120330/F1/120339980

"Spa-Francorchamps, arguably the world's best F1 road course, remains one of the most popular venues on the calendar with everyone involved."

Then why aren't there more fans going there? It couldn't be the facilities (lack of) and the expense of the tickets, could it?

Although I have been championing a return of France to the calendar, if it comes at the cost opf Spa, then I don't want it. To me, it (Spa) is the very soul of F1, and its loss would be one more nail in the coffin of F1 as far as I am concerned.

I don't think Spa has any other choice really - haven't they had financial problems the last few years? If this is the way to keep Spa then I'm all for it, even if it means we're only getting it once every two years. It's still better than never...

Back
Top Bottom