FIA The Penalty Points Plan

As far as I have sen there are more people walking around the pit lane in free practice. Imo there is less haste in free practice, the drivers ought to be able to manage that.

On the whole I support this, but not as a change to racing, more like an audit of the drivers.

I would suggest it was managed by FOTA, like UK driver's licenses the points would have a certain duration, say 20 races, the review list should include everything referred to the stewards during the race itself and allow special decisions on items raised by the committee.

A flawed idea, but an outline, as it is FOTA managed any resultant ban should be restricted to a race or two, but only partial point remission after the ban.

No license decision should effect any race outcome, merely the right to race.

The only possible change to currant stewardship should be the removal of the three strike ban as I always felt it was undue pressure on the stewards to make that third warning.

Ah well, two steps forwards, one step back....

So licence points are now to be managed by the police at each venue, so... all change but no change

Good job pit lane speeding isn't going to incur 3 points a time as a speeding offence does here in the UK. This weekend's speeders fined so far: Button, Bottas and Raikkonen. :D

Back
Top Bottom