The Official Mini Fantasy Cup Game Thread

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
Welcome to the Official Mini Fantasy Cup Game Thread. Thank you to all those who signed up and good luck for the remainder of the season.

Those players who signed up were listed on the sign up thread as 1 to 10. Those numbers were fed into a random number generator to produce the two groups of five teams. The tournament will then run as follows. There will be ten rounds of group fixtures with each team playing the other once. There will be 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw as in football. The score will be based on your fantasy points total score for that race weekend. Points difference will be used to show the size of your win and rank tied players in the league.

There will be 10 rounds of fixtures which will result in the top two teams from each group going forward into the semi final and then the final. The winner of Group A will face the runner up of Group B and the winner of Group B will face the runner of of Group A.

There will also be a plate competition for the bottom three to give those players something to look forward to. After the tenth round, The 3rd place teams will proceed to the Semi's while second from bottom in Group A will play bottom in Group B and second from bottom in Group B will play bottom in Group A. The winner of those two games will face the third placed teams in groups A and B to determine the teams in the plate final.

Both the cup and plate final will be played during the final race of the season.

So, the groups are as follows:

Group A

1) Jos the Boss
2) sushifiesta
3) RasputinLives
4) Sakari
5) WBF1

Group B

1) FB
2) teabagyokel
3) soccerman17
4) jez101
5) Dash Racing

The fixtures for Canada will be listed in the next post.

Thank you to all those who signed up and good luck for the remainder of the season.

Thank you for running it :cheer:

There will be ten rounds of group fixtures with each team playing the other once.

Tiny, weeny point... Do you mean we play them twice? 8 games, two weekends off (I'm booking Las Vegas for one of my weekends off :D )

Why didn't you enter cider_and_toast ?

jez101, thank you for your thank you.

In response to your points, there will be 10 rounds to the competition however you will get the odd weekend off so in essence you will only have 4 league fixtures spread over those 10 rounds hence you will play each player in the league just the once. In order to fit all of the fixtures in the first few rounds will have two games per group on a race weekend, by round three that will reduce to one game per group per race weekend.

I chose not to enter because that would have made it an odd number. If we had 11 players then I would have thrown my hat in and made that two leagues of 6. It's not a problem. It's as much fun doing it if I'm in or out.

Hope that clears that up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom