The FIFA World Cup Draw F1 Quiz

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Yes, thats right, a Quiz based on the World Cup draw! Obviously, there's not going to be a whole load of football questions, it is an F1 quiz, based on the nations in each World Cup Group. Nations used will be in bold. All nations cannot be used since North Korea (for example) has no F1 heritage!

1. A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

2. Did Alain Prost win more South African or Mexican GPs?

The same, two each!
  3. France, Uruguay and Mexico were in the host's Group for the 1966 World Cup. France and Uruguay played on the day of British GP qualifying. Who was on pole?

Jack Brabham, he also won the race

B: Argentina, Nigeria, S. Korea, Greece

4. Which Argentine driver has raced the most Grand Prix?

Carlos Reutemann

C: England, United States, Algeria, Slovakia

5. North Africa's only Grand Prix had only drivers from this Group on its podium. It was in Morocco in 1958. Name them.

Stirling Moss, Mike Hawthorn and Phil Hill (would it be a CTA Quiz without fractional points?)
  6. Who is the only US winner of the British GP?

Peter Revson in 1973

D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana (Stefan F1 not included)

7. Who had more non points scores in 2009, Webber or Vettel?

Webber 7-5 Vettel

E: Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon

8. When Jos Verstappen was team-mate to Nicolas Kiesa at the 2003 Japanese GP, who qualified ahead?

Verstappen, 2nd last to Kiesa's last (except for Trulli and RSchu who did not set a time)

F: Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

9. Since McLaren's formation in 1966, who has won more World Drivers Titles, McLaren or Ferrari

McLaren 12-9 Ferrari

G: Brazil, North Korea, Cote d'Ivoire, Portugal

10. Name a Brazilian driver who scored points, but less than Tiago Monteiro's 7 (Portugal's record)

Riccardo Zonta, Wilson Fittipaldi, Chico Landi, Chico Serra

H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

11. Spain and Switzerland are better known for clashing in tennis in the form of Federer vs Nadal, for example in the epic 2008 Wimbledon final, which was held the same day as the 2008 British GP. Where did Alonso finish?

6th

Some nice contrived questions there. Enjoy!

Any football fans with a caption for this?

Attachments

• thing.jpg
    thing.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 220
An also pathetic 2 for me but I'm quite chuffed that I got all three drivers who were on the podium in Morocco
in 1958.

As you've discovered, teabagyokel's quizzes are extremely tough.

I think that the first person to get a perfect score should get some sort of prize :D

Back
Top Bottom