FIA The FIA admits the controversy at the Abu Dhabi GP is “tarnishing the image of the Championship”

Thank ****.

1645733557161.png

I cannot believe that the PR people at Red Bull are so naive that they think it's okay for Horner and Verstappen to comment on the Masi situation. No one, apart from the Red Bull team and the rabid Verstappen fans believe this title win is not tainted by the actions of the race director in the final race. Surely it would be better if they just said this is an internal decision by the FIA, and it's not our place to comment.

I used to enjoy watching Red Bull show the biggest car manufacturers in the world how to build a race car. It was good to see the might of Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault etc., who believe they have a right to win because of who they are, bought down with a huge crash. Now Red Bull have become just another arrogant, self-serving, nasty F1 team. I hope both the team and drivers are booed at every race, at every overtake, and every time one of the team sets foot on a podium.

I also read something last week where Hamilton was blamed for Masi being sacked due to being absent from social media.

Yes really, Hamilton said nothing, other than to tell Mercedes to drop the appeal, and therefore it was his fault.

this is why Bahrain come soon enough, because people need to put Abu Dhabi in the background. but it in the same file as Prost/Senna, Schumacher/Hill & Villeneuve. but I cant believe Horner is so self unaware that he has accused Mercedes of Bullying. after what his team did over the season

because i could say the same about Christian Horner & he feels really that way give Jonathon Wheatley his P45
"Was it right to fire him based on pressure that was placed on him from a rival team? That for me was wrong, That's tantamount to bullying. It's passively aggressive."

this is why Bahrain come soon enough, because people need to put Abu Dhabi in the background. but it in the same file as Prost/Senna, Schumacher/Hill & Villeneuve. but I cant believe Horner is so self unaware that he has accused Mercedes of Bullying. after what his team did over the season

because i could say the same about Christian Horner & he feels really that way give Jonathon Wheatley his P45
I wonder if Toto will retort the slanging match and remind Horner the exact words him and Jonathan Wheatley said to Masi

The Red Bull twitter account must be filled with hate messages from

Mercedes fans
Hamilton fans
F1 fans
Masi fans
Latifi fans

I am beginning to wonder who has seen the full FIA report because it looks to me Red Bull appear to be condemned heavily and they are worried now about their image

I am looking forward to Red Bull not winning races and multi engine blow ups because they ve tended to blame the engine for being 💩 They can't do it to Honda can they?

Seriously, will this man ever shut the **** up?

It's been and gone, nothing is going to change and every time he opens his big mouth it reminds people of the crap way his team won the drivers championship.

Someone needs to hit Horner with a chair or a guitar over the head to permanent shut him and Marko up

I just can't wait to revel in Red Bull losing then they will be whingeing the rules are not fair to them or they got distracted by last year's battle rubbish

Last edited:

The rule changes are the latest in a series of moves by the FIA that amount to an effective admission Masi made mistakes in his handling of the Abu Dhabi race.

No shit ...

The number of ****ing morons on Twitter who are claiming that this rule "change" means Masi didn't break the rules 🤦‍♂️

Are the sporting rules and technical regs now going to be completely rewritten to replace all instances of "any" when it means "all", as in this case?

Any always did mean all.
It's such a garbage update.

No shit ...

The number of ****ing morons on Twitter who are claiming that this rule "change" means Masi didn't break the rules 🤦‍♂️
They always will argue that despite legal experts saying the plain English meaning was clear and the argument of ambiguity wouldn’t hold out in court.

The explicit rule break is where they’ve left wording unchanged…
“This is the requirement the race must be restarted "at the end of the following lap" after the message is relayed that lapped cars may now overtake.”

The pedant in me believes that if they hadn’t screwed up the 2021 championship this would be presented as a “clarification”.

Where the “change” is simply a change in wording to remove the remotest possibility of misinterpretation I think we can take that as admission of guilt in historical application

And here we have the problem between the Napoleonic Code and English common law, which is what has dogged our relationship with the EU rights since we joined.

There is now a demand that the rules and regulations MUST tell you exactly what to do. But language is fluid and there can be different interpretations. Take Colin Chapman and the Lotus 88. The word chassis is both singular and plural so there was no problem building a car with two chassis.

If you look at any regulation published by government they set out the legal text and then pages and pages of guidance. One of my colleagues recently wrote a 120 page to a 10 page regulation as everyone has been brainwashed in to thinking we must be told, and not take any personal responsibility or interpret anything.

I didn't like Masi's take on the safety car restart, not because the word "any" was reinterpreted, but rather that he didn't follow the rules as it had been consistently enforced in the past. This is the basis of English Common Law, where precedence makes the rule. What he did was to throw away years of accepted wisdom for the sake of "the show".

i still blame Jonathan Wheatley, he was the 1 that for me put the idea in masi head & the only thing i can give slack to masi is that was hugely pressure system & he wasn't thinking clearly, heard that idea & mistakenly thought it was the silver bullet to cure all his problems. without realising that it gave a huge advantage to Verstappen without any pressure from 3rd place

i think if Red Bull & Mercedes, kept quiet. then the F1 season finished under safety car, which lets not pretend would've still been a huge controversy. with social media awash with it being a flop & anti climax with the whole world watching. but it at least within few weeks it wouldve been blown over

Are the sporting rules and technical regs now going to be completely rewritten to replace all instances of "any" when it means "all", as in this case?

Any always did mean all.
It's such a garbage update.
It was the only update they could apply since Red Bull twisted the rules saying it did not mean all cars .

Perhaps we should be standing outside their factory and plaster this rule in bold and remind them what a bunch of :censored:cheats they are

i still blame Jonathan Wheatley, he was the 1 that for me put the idea in masi head & the only thing i can give slack to masi is that was hugely pressure system & he wasn't thinking clearly, heard that idea & mistakenly thought it was the silver bullet to cure all his problems. without realising that it gave a huge advantage to Verstappen without any pressure from 3rd place

i think if Red Bull & Mercedes, kept quiet. then the F1 season finished under safety car, which lets not pretend would've still been a huge controversy. with social media awash with it being a flop & anti climax with the whole world watching. but it at least within few weeks it wouldve been blown over

No shit ...

You should see the 💩 on facebook and every other day Red Bull coming out with a different theory every day " It was not us who made Masi lose his job"

Back
Top Bottom