The CTA "Very best of" race track.

OK not exactly an F1 track but Laguna Secas Corkscrew as to be in there somewhere, Its a car breaker and if the only spare tyre in the car is round your waist the forces that corner puts you through will break you too.

A_M_R, Agree with you about the corkscrew however we will have to save that for the next one which will be a composite of non F1 and defunct F1 tracks. This one is for corners on the current Formula one calendar.

McZ. For want of the lack of any futher nominations we will have to place you nomination of The S curves at Suzuka as turns 5 and 6. That should solve any head scratching.

So next up we are going to need a turn 7...... Any takers

By the way, I take it that turn 8 is already a forgone conclusion.

:D

Further to my last, after going through the curves we really need a right hander to enable us to run into the left hander of Istanbul turn 8.

So what I propose is through the Suzuka curves as turn 5 and 6 into the right hander at Stowe (one of the best places to pass at Silverstone and always a corner that provides some great action. Build up some speed and then into the left handed Istanbul turn 8.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Circu ... ersion.png

So if that's ok with everyone this is what we have so far:

Interlagos - Turn 1
Monza - Grand Curve - Turn 2
Spa - Eau Rouge - Turn 3
Monaco - Mirebeau - Turn 4
Suzuka - S curves - Turns 5 and 6
Silverstone - Stowe - Turn 7
Istanbul - Turn 8

So next up we need a turn 9 to help us head back towards the start finish.

Looking good so far. :D

Excellent work Bro with the track map...just one tiny problem (I feel bad for even mentioning it)...Mirabeau's a right-handed corner?

Or have I not looked at it properly?

That's going to make fitting then next three corners into the diagram a bit tricky. I think we have ended up running back under/over the circuit now.

I must admit I didn't notice that myself. Oooops :D

C'mon then chaps lets be having turn 9........

hahaha it was a hasty edit as I was looking at turn 10 from Bahrain as it's almost blind.

Who's driving this circuit? Superman? LOL

We need a chicane so how about the Ascari chicane from Monza - this is turns 8,9 & 10 but there is a 10 in there... :snigger:

Now I'm confused - the wiki map show the Ascari chicane as turn 8 but the one on the CTA circuits guide shows the Ascari as 8,9 & 10. Is there a moderator in the house?

If we take the wiki map this shows the Parabolica as 9 & 10, not a bad substitute.

Right, I'm confused :s

After turn 8 (Turkey and a given)

I thought we were off to Bahrain for turn 9.

Ok so we can't include Yas Marina because we haven't seen it yet so I think we will have to go for Campsa at Catalunya.

FB, Agree with you on the need for a chicane so we will include Ascari as Turn 10 and turn a blind eye to everything else.

LOL

If some one can come up with a final turn then I think we're done. As Spesh pointed out, you would have to be super human to drive this track.

Don't envy trying to put this circuit together in a visual form Cough> Bro <Cough LOL

cider_and_toast said:
Right, I'm confused :s

FB, Agree with you on the need for a chicane so we will include Ascari as Turn 10 and turn a blind eye to everything else.

LOL

If some one can come up with a final turn then I think we're done. As Spesh pointed out, you would have to be super human to drive this track.

Don't envy trying to put this circuit together in a visual form Cough> Bro <Cough LOL

So after Abbey can we just have the last section of Spa? Or we can add corners up to 19 so we can include the Bus Stop (come on, this track should have the, albeit neutered, chicane :embarrassed:)

Right, So what your saying is you want to go:

Ascari chicane, Abbey Chicane, Bus Stop Chicane !!

That's Nuts - Let's do it !! :thumbsup:

And I think we're done.

Right so the spoon is now in.

This is how our circuit now reads:

Interlagos - Turn 1
Spa - Eau Rouge - Turn 3
Istanbul - Turn 8
Catalunya - Campsa - Turn 9
Monza - Ascari Chicane
Silverstone - Abbey Chicane
Suzuka - Spoon
Spa - Bus stop chicane.

Phew, you would have to have some :whistle: to drive that track !!!!

cider_and_toast said:
Right so the spoon is now in.

This is how our circuit now reads:

Interlagos - Turn 1
Spa - Eau Rouge - Turn 3
Istanbul - Turn 8
Catalunya - Campsa - Turn 9
Monza - Ascari Chicane
Silverstone - Abbey Chicane
Suzuka - Spoon
Spa - Bus stop chicane.

Phew, you would have to have some :whistle: to drive that track !!!!

What track..............?

Herman who?

I've done them in order even tho Mirebeau is actually turn 5 and added a few CTA kinks and, as usual have had to neuter the bus stop again and only had 22.5 and 45 degree angles to work with but...........

Ladies (hahahaha) and Gents I present to you the inaugural CTA F1 Championship track (lots of cider was consumed)

cta1-1.jpg

I've done the elevation too but it doesn't show on this.

Excellent work :D
Far better than my effort would have been.

I think we need to review it slightly though as we need a longer straight section leading into a slow-ish corner.

Any idea what the length is?
I suppose we need to keep it to around 5km.

Should we drop a copy of this picture through to Herr Tilke? It couldn't be any worse than some of the other rather soprific efforts he has produced.

Back
Top Bottom