Movies The Best film you've ever seen?

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
Following on from FB's Worst one. I've done a best one.

So what was the best film you've ever seen?

For me it has to be Die Hard. I know many of you will think thats not the best ever film. But i have loved it and have watched it over and over again for aslong as i can remember. It was probably one of the first action films to produce special effects (could be wrong), but their made it a very good film.

Don't really have standout film :dunno:

A film I can watch over and over again, is probably the first Rush Hour, the other two are disappointing, but this one is hilarious with a good story :)

There's also 2 Fast 2 Furious, I know it isn't the best, but when I was young, I could watch it everyday, it had so many good cars! Like that Silver/Blue Nissan Skyline (I still have that poster of it in my room!!!), the Mitsibushi Evo (one of the best ones, with a great design!), those two muscle cars, the blue one my favourite. The race at the start was great!

I know this one will be kiddish, but there's also the first ever Ice Age and The Lion King LOL

Those films aren't necessarily the best I have ever seen, but they are ones I can keep watching and never get sick off.

If I was pushed for best film I ever saw, it would probably be "Batman Begins", liked Batman when I was younger (wasn't crazy about it like those comic dudes though!), and it was more serious than your average Batman films, plus the bad guy wasn't the usual one such as Joker and all.

People say the Dark Knight is one of the greatest films, quite frankly I can't really remember it, only watched it in the cinemas.

Lawrence of Arabia, Goodbye Mr Chips (Robert Donat, of course), Galaxy Quest, Blues Brothers, Animal House, Reach for the Sky, The Incredibles, Life of Brian, Kelly's Heroes, Without a Clue, Withnail & I, Saving Grace, Hot Fuzz, Sean of the Dead, Tha Man Who would be King, M.A.S.H., Keeping Mum, Father Goose, Down Periscope, 51st State, 13th Warrior and pretty much anything old Ealing

I'm rubbish at this - I like too many and collect a load more....

All time favorite very hard to choose. But here is my shortlist.

The Empire Strikes Back
L.A. Confidential
Unforgiven
Planes Trains and Automobiles
Aliens
Blade Runner
Rocky
Terminator 2
Airplane
Kill Bill Vol 1
Fight Club
Reservoir Dogs
Top Gun
First Blood
Uncle Buck

In no particular order:

The Abyss
Saving Private Ryan
V for Vendetta
Star Wars & Empire Strikes Back
Lord of the Rings
Jaws
Withnail & I
Thirteen Days
The World's Fastest Indian
We Were Soldiers
The Right Stuff
Glen Garry Glen Ross
This is Spinal Tap

(these are just off the top of my head - there are many more in my collection!)

So many contenders for this title, not sure I could pick just one...

Matrix (the original), saw it by accident at the cinema, didn't expect much but they created a world which totally ensnared the viewer from the moment you saw it.
LotR (Fellowship), waited for years for this film to be done properly, had read the books over and over as a kid and was a bit worried they would do the usual hollywood job on it, but sat and watched the whole thing mesmerised as scene after scene came up looking exactly how I had sen it in my head as a kid.
Green Mile, still not really sure what genre the film fits into, but could sit and watch it again and again as the whole story just comes across beautifully in the film.
Pitch Black, can't believe nobody has mentioned this yet! Low budget sci-fi/horror film, spawned a whole series of films, cartoons, games and everything else as a non-perfect future was played out. Managed to buy a copy the other week and educated the other half with it, she now can't wait for the next film to be made.
Aliens, what can you say? Perfect for the genre.
Predator, so cheesey, so badly dialogued and acted, but what a film :D

I could go on for days about films, mainly as I love a good (or even a really bad) film and appreciate the efforts the actors and crew go to to make their story the one you want to watch...

Schindler's List, The Prestige, Goodfellas ,Leon, Gladiator ,Saving Private Ryan, Die Hard, Snatch, Austin Powers (1,2 &3), Independence Day, Sherlock Holmes (Basil Rathbone ones), Indiana Jones (only the first 3), The Departed, The Green Mile, Unforgiven, The Godfather (1 & 2), The Rock, Hot Fuzz, Training Day, The Last Samurai, Speed, Lord of the Rings, V for Vendetta, Fast and Furious (1 & 5 are best), Up, The Incredibles, Jurassic Park, Castaway and Under Siege.

To name but a few...

Back
Top Bottom