The 2011 Regs Thread - DRS - Tyres - Kers

I'm going to be flippant here but I hated the f-duct because I hated that whole sharks fin look.
DRS could be as successful as the f-duct if there was free use throughout the circuit and the race. If that happened would it be acceptable? It seems that there are many who hate DRS but love f-duct yet they serve the same function.

I'm going to be flippant here but I hated the f-duct because I hated that whole sharks fin look.
DRS could be as successful as the f-duct if there was free use throughout the circuit and the race. If that happened would it be acceptable? It seems that there are many who hate DRS but love f-duct yet they serve the same function.

What was good about the F-Duct was that Mclaren had it (initially) and no-one else did. Once everyone was up to speed with it any benefit would have been pretty well negated. The same would happen with the DRS if its use were completely unrestricted; it only works because one person can use it to attack another, without the other being able to use it in defence.

I don't like the F-duct, but it was a fine piece of innovation which F1 is about, to replace the F-duct with something similar and restrict it, is bit of a nonsense really.

Back
Top Bottom