Team principals vote Alonso best driver of 2012

Slyboogy

Button was certainly not as consistent as last year but he did manage to win 3 races still which is the same as Alonso and only bettered by Hamilton and Vettel

Yes maybe so, but his team-mate could have easily won four more than he actually did, Button on the other hand didn't look like winning any other race apart from the ones he won, that too being the best car in those conditions.

Slyboogy

I do not begrudge that before we start another Senna / Prost esque comparison

I do feel Hamilton deserves to be 2nd best driver this season ahead of Vettel

That said 5th is probably about right for Button then because he made most of the opportunities when presented to him not like Kimi who was consistent but one feels he could have won more than 1 race certainly or Webber who certainly fell like a stone in the fastest car on grid late season

The other two races Button did not win were
Malaysia when he crashed into Narain and admitted his fault and China when the team bungled his pit stop so by the time he was free it was too late to chase down Rosberg

Polls among team principals are all well and good, but I think the most telling response come from Luca Montezemello, where, according to Autosport, he would prefer to hire Vettel rather than Hamilton when Alonso retires!

The reason given for that though was slightly incongruous as he said the only reason for that was because Vettel was younger.
Yet Alonso is no spring chicken.

siffert_fan
Brogan

That is an easy thing to say when Vettel is the one enjoying all the success at the moment. Would things be different if the roles were reversed?

If Alonso quit and Hamilton made himself available and Vettel was not, I am sure Luca would be jumping to sign him - in previous days with Ferrari it was name your price until Luca realised he got mugged $50m a year for Kimi Raikkonen

On crashnets driver of the year poll so far

10th Kobayashi
9th Massa
8th Perez
7th Webber
6th Hulkenberg
5th Button

4th to 1st still to be decided

I'm wondering if we need a 2012 drivers Poll thread so one of our stats fiends can create a poll of polls? In fact I'm off to start one...

Back
Top Bottom