Susie Wolff

Susie Wolff born 6 December 1982 in Oban is a British racing driver from Scotland. She has progressed through the ranks of motorsport, starting off in karting, then moving up to Formula Renault and Formula Three before moving to the DTM to compete for Mercedes-Benz since 2006. In 2012 she was signed by the Williams Formula One team to work as a development driver and she is still in that role.
She lives in Ermatingen, Switzerland with her husband Toto Wolff, since January 21, 2013, executive director of the Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team. The two were married in October 2011.

Susie is aiming to be the first ever woman since 1976 and Lella Lombardi to race in F1.

She has her own TV program on Sunday 24.3.2013 BBC2 8pm : Driven: The Fastest Women in the World.

Her race record is none to impressive at zero wins, and you would have to say she would not deserve a drive based on that alone. However it is way beyond time that a woman driver should be in F1 and if Susie can open that door which has been closed since 1976 then I say good luck to her and I hope she gets a drive in a decent car.

Screen Shot 2013-03-22 at 08.05.03.png

Fenderman
I think we are completely agreeing with each other. I would never write off the fairer sex, by an means. I would look forward to seeing a woman able to compete and when one comes along then I would be quite excited.

RasputinLives
I think I am agreeing with you, too. Neither Susie Wolff nor Max Chilton deserve a spot in an F1 cockpit on merit. If Williams wanted to take on a driver just because they were female I would think they were bonkers and had lost sight of their goals in place of their methods. This is all too common, though, and it is as it is.

It would be great to see F1 female racing drivers competing against one another........ ...not viable........:dunno:

Need a strong neck ....that's wider than your face.....mmm..not attractive...(well ok on FA)
But there are women body builders.... .....
Mixing in with the blokes in F1 .........they will need to 'pump iron'.......big time....:thinking:

This thread is quite amusing, but sadly symptomatic of modern life. The only reason a woman should be in any job is because she can excel and beat the chaps.

Women's lib was scuppered once the media and the inadequate joined the movement - we didn't want to be given 'special' rights nor preferential treatment, we wanted an equal chance - whether that was buying a round or competing on a level playing field. So few understood that and the myth was borne.

I agree with what the majority have said, but I'm surprised no one has picked up on the title for the programme.

Driven: The Fastest Woman in the world.

Well, her records don't show that do they, so how do they make that claim?

Also, on a side note.

Natacha Gachnang deserves a chance in F1, she should team up with her cousin (Buemi).

I'll be the team principal, our team name shall be, The Moosers.

Everyone in the team will wear antlers when we win a Grand Prix.

Is there a specific thread for the documentary from last night? If not, I'll post my thoughts here.

She is awful. She came last in DTM overall, and she is testing an F1 car at age 30 on the idea of having a future. If she wants to be treated equally, why is she taking a test drive from a worthy driver?

[EDIT] In many ways, I'll be looking forward to the Young Drivers Test if she drives, just so we can all see how fast the so-called 'Fastest Woman in the World' is.

I'm watching it now on iplayer, she was coming through the junior series as the same time as Hamilton, if she was quick enough then she would have earned a place in F1 at that time. She needs to be a lot faster than she is now but for now she's just a gimmick for the sponsors.

I watched the documentary and all I can say is that she got a test drive through who she is, not through any kind of talent. The bit at the end where she had to get a time of 52 seconds and she managed 52.3 or something and suddenly that was good enough.. Also the fact that the documentary was done by her brother rather than someone impartial says a lot.

Finished watching it now, her attitude towards racing isn't good enough. Definitely only got the Williams ride due to Toto Wolff.
The line for me is when she was quitting DTM. She said if she's not good enough for DTM then she will do something else. A quitters attitude if ever I heard it.

There will be a female F1 driver in the next few years but it won't be her.

Back
Top Bottom