Str8poll: Hamilton's French Adventure

Where will Lewis finish at the French Gp ?

• Retire from the Grand Prix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7th

• 6th

• 5th

• 4th

• 2nd

• Total voters
G

Lewis Hamilton has been handed a 10 place grid penalty for the next Grand Prix in France.
The Magny Cours circuit has just one realistic overtaking opportunity , so how will Lewis Hamilton fare as he attempts to cut through the field...

So , Where do you think will Lewis end up at the French GP ?

Re: str8-poll : Hamilton's French Adventure

His chances of scoring any points are slim to none IMO.

It's irrelevant how light both he and Rosberg go on fuel.

It is nigh on impossible to overtake in F1 as is proven every race weekend.

At best Hamilton or Rosberg will Qualify 11th.
To do that they will have to be extremely light on fuel but they won't be able to take advantage of their faster pace due to being unable to overtake the 10 cars in front.

The result being they will pit before everyone else, come out extremely fat with fuel in position 22 and therefore have much slower pace than the rest of the runners and will degrade their tyres quicker, requiring another stop later on.

The alternative is to fuel very heavily and forget about Q3.
That means they will start in position 20 and will have 19 cars in front with probably less fuel, perhaps quicker pace but definitely track position and they still won't be able to overtake as it's virtually impossible to do so.

Unless they can maintain the gap to the first 8 cars to less than 20 seconds before the 1st round of pit stops, they will finish nowhere.

I would be very surprised if Hamilton or Rosberg gain any points at the next GP......unless there's a safety car.... in which case Rosberg will come 1st, Hamilton 2nd and Vettel 3rd..... :crazy:

i think LH had one major confidence shock and it will take a while to move over that, mainly cos the mistake was so darn silly and childish. plus, he will be at least 11th on the grid and that means he needs to do something to move forward. so far, he hasn't shown he is capable of that. the only time he does move forward through the pack is when the cars in front of him DNF or are lots slower. but the minute the car in front of him is more substantial then it all grinds to a hold. plus i still remember some hand gestures by our friend Lewis.

which is a shame really cos you would like to see him drive and pass. at least i would. finally see LH drive a real race and show he can pass cars and be agressive. so far he just talks and talks and at the end of the day... its a shame. no, its surprising most of all.

I dont think Lewis will get any points next race. Because if you remember last year Alonso started 10th and finished just 6th, and showed how difficult it is to overtake at Circuit De Nevers Magny Cours, despite of having Mclaren.

BogaTYR "the only time he does move forward through the pack is when the cars in front of him DNF or are lots slower."

Eh - seem to remember him blitzing the ferrari's last year. By the way welcome to the new sane forum!!!

I think 2nd is possible with right strategy

Hi everybody... I finally made it here after probs with activation... There seem to be more and more of the good guys here every time I look... Soon the only ones on 606 will be those who deserve to be!!!! IMO Lewis has enough to cope with now, with 2 Ferrari's and 2 BMW's... the last thing he needed was a 10 place penalty.. Bear in mind he has to qualify faster than the above just to start 10th.. I reckon the only way to do that is to short fuel, and then he has to pit early.. it ain't gonna work!! Sorry Lewis!!!

Welcome Johndmar :D

One things for sure ... Unless they suffer problems during the race, Hamilton will finish behind both Ferrari's and BMW's and also Heikki in the other McLaren , so best case scenario is 6th .. but that aint gonna be easy as he'll have to clear Alonso ,both Red Bulls, and possibly both Toyota's too .... :o

Hi Brogan... thanks for accepting me into your fold!!!! AT least, knowing the I/D of your Moderator MAx, We can be confident that we will be dealt with fairly!!!

johndmar said:
Hi Brogan... thanks for accepting me into your fold!!!!
Glad to have you.
Everyone's welcome here - even the WUMs.... ;) not that I'm implying you're a WUM.... :o

AT least, knowing the I/D of your Moderator MAx, We can be confident that we will be dealt with fairly!!!
Unless your User ID is McLaren lol

Speaking of Moderators, the site's in need of one.

Ehem! ... I'll have you know I'm a fair and unbiased moderator ... even if your username is McLaren lol

Brogan, In between the fall of the whip strokes, please convey to 'MAX' (appropriate in connection with this topic) my thanks for sorting out the problem I had with the lock on your portal.. It swung open almost immediately !!!

LH overtook a ferrari last year? darn, i missed that! probably too busy trying to understand where the spyker went. that was pretty difficult at times...

hey john, welcome! good to see familair faces... well, nicks really :)

I can win in France- Hamilton
CLICH HERE for news

I'm feeling quite confident that we can still win there. I've got to have that belief in myself and the team. I still feel we can finish in the top three but it's going to be a real challenge
- Lewis Hamilton

Cant see Hamilton coming near the podium in France ... unless it a) Rains or b) the Ferrari's and BMW's all crash into each other in the pit lane !! :snigger:

Back
Top Bottom