Spanish media claim Alonso's races have been sabotaged by Red Bull and others

Slyboogy

World Champion
Contributor
Didn't really know where to post this, but some of the Spanish media is quite laughable.

As this article will explain:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/sospechas-paddock-accion-raikkonen/20121009dasdaimot_1/Tes&act=url

Of course the translation isn't very clear, but they seem to be saying that both Lotus drivers ended Alonso's race on purpose, and that Red Bull planned with the other Renault teams in 2010 to sabotage Alonso's race so Vettel could be champion.

LOL

Somewhere there is a Spanish based F1 forum laughing at a story about Mclaren delib sabotarging Lewis Hamiltons races to favour Button and saying the Brits do go massively over the top with their stories.

I remember back in 1990 Prost aledged that the rest of the field were conspiring against him by letting Senna through for better results than he should have got when Prost was out front.

On the Prost situation, I think he could be right. I remember watching a video about why Senna didn't go to Williams because Prost had a veto, and several drivers where with Senna, and didn't say nice things about Prost based on the veto.

On the Prost situation, I think he could be right. I remember watching a video about why Senna didn't go to Williams because Prost had a veto, and several drivers where with Senna, and didn't say nice things about Prost based on the veto.

Maybe Sly but his claim came after the French GP after Prost had won two in a row and Senna had come from low down late on to snatch a couple of thirds. Prefering one driver is one thing but actually slowing down to let someone from another team is another. Still, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

I think what is lost in translation is the gossipy nature of the piece. I am fairly fluent in Spanish having lived there as a kid and reading the original you see it is written as "well, you never know, its possible that" when in English it comes across more like a direct accusation.

I thought this was taken from El Sol? About as accurate and well written as much of journalism in the Sun.

After the Japanese Grand Prix my Dad and I were jokingly discussing that Renault was trying to sabotage Alonso's championship bid because they wanted Red Bull to win and are paying off the other Renault-powered teams to take him out every other race here on out. So if he gets taken out in India by Maldonado or Senna, our conspiracy stands true. ;)

Back
Top Bottom