Spain - A Golden Sporting Generation?

They are winning at present in football. Thats all we can really say. How many times have Spain won the WC and European Cup? Compared to Germany or Brazil its just a flash of form

I dont see any Spaniards dominating F1

They are winning at present in football. Thats all we can really say. How many times have Spain won the EC and European Cup? Compared to Germany or Brazil its just a flash of form

I dont see any Spaniards dominating F1

I see what you are suggesting but surfice to say Spain have a golden generation of sportsmen and woman, granted only major sports.

PS: Brazil haven't won the European Championship....yet.:snigger:

Brazil are not in Europe and are therefore not eligible to take part in the European championship, German are and can be said to have dominated winning the most. On the World Championship Brazil can similarly be said to have dominated winning the most times

So Brazil and Germany can be said to have dominated Football,

Spain has won the WC once, same as England

Yep. this whole thread is ridiculous. It obviously has nothing to do with Forumla 1 as we have not had a Spanish title winner for 7 years. They are doing well in a handful of other sports but are by no means anything close to being the world's greatest sporting nation.

I wonder how much the Spanish Government has pumped into making all these sporting stars? I think it's true to say both Barcelona and Real Madrid are, pretty much, bankrupt as well.

Ninja

I think the point of the OP is that as Alonso is so super, then everything to do with Spanish sports must be dominance

No actually the point as mentioned before was to point out a rather talented generation of sports stars that happen to be Spanish, should I start adding Jamaicans, Americans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans etc to the list of irrelevance. If you take note, you will see who started talking about F1 and Lewis Hamilton,.....then Brittish sportsmen and woman.

I will accept though that I "titled" the thread wrong and should have read "spain - golden sports generation" if the mods will change that to defuse some gripe that is brewing it would be appreciated and sorry for any misconceptions created.

I will accept though that I "titled" the thread wrong and should have read "spain - golden sports generation" if the mods will change that to defuse some gripe that is brewing it would be appreciated and sorry for any misconceptions created.

Ask and you shall receive.

BTW - I don't think that Sarinaide posted this as some sort of "Alonso" love in simply that in many high profile sports events Spain are punching above their weight, which is probably true. That said, Europe as a whole is so fixated by sport that European competitors have a tendancy to be in the upper echelons in most events whilst the BRIC nations are busy making money and taking over the world.

The time will come when nearly all sports are dominated by China, India etc. as they will be the countries with the available cash to pay for the training of sporting stars and Europe will have to get back to making things rather than thinking we rule the World because we can kick or hit a ball or run faster than other nations.

Oh, it's only 9:15 and I'm ranting already. Sorry...

Back
Top Bottom