Sky vs BBC F1 Coverage

Autosport hand it to BBC.
Humphry better than Lazenby (Lazenby overawed and scared of grumpy looking drivers).
Edwards /Coulthard better than Brundle /Croft (Crofty too verbose and not giving each other space. No in-race interviews and PLEASE no more Daddy Button! )
Post race- worse bit of sky except Davison.

Id agree with all that actually. I turned off after the last race-boring. Never done that before. Davison I rate.

This is a rating of their coverage - ie. the way they deliver their production on screen, not the contract arrangements. Of course, Sky have the upper hand when it comes to full live coverage, however, Autosport (and other organisations) rated this on the quality of the television output.
Although having full live coverage is certainly a trump card.

Did Autosport also rate the full race live coverage?

Did they also award that to the BBC?

;)
LOL! I forgot that bit. The trump card. I quote... .
" So that's 3-0 to the BBC. A whitewash? Well no,because it was live on Sky and at the end of the day that's all that matters"

And even though I prefer the BBC I'll be watching the SKY live tomorrow morning:D

I would be inclined to agree with that.

What most people are forgetting is that this was the very first broadcast by Sky.
It will take some time for the team to gel and feel comfortable, and for the paddock to get used to them.

Compare them in a few years time when they've been around as long as the BBC have now.

Bit surprised Autosport have said that, having seen Sky's double-page advert in the front of this week's magazine. Long live independent journalism!

I wasn’t too keen on when Brundle stuck the mic in Pics (I think) face whilst he was in the car in the garage, helmet on in P1. Was a bit awkward and I sense Brundle thought so too, probably wasn’t his idea. I guess Sky are making him work a bit for his dosh.

Yeah they were, and a great pair they were too, possibly my favourite commentary paring.

And the F1 digital channel.. Yeah I remember that, pay per view it was, I once accidentally paid to watch it for a weekend when looking on the channel expecting to have to enter a code or something. Darn Sky!

Yeah they were, and a great pair they were too, possibly my favourite commentary paring.

And the F1 digital channel.. Yeah I remember that, pay per view it was, I once accidentally paid to watch it for a weekend when looking on the channel expecting to have to enter a code or something. Darn Sky!
Was it any good?

Back
Top Bottom