Sky vs BBC F1 Coverage

Gary Anderson's insight of the Mercedes rear wing was great - just a simple pen and paper - none of this fancy flat-screen gizmos!!
I found that pretty hilarious, Sky have a 32" screen with Georgie and Ant infront, Gary Anderson? Well some card with a picture of the Merc and a nice orange pen! It was so much easier to understand though and I finally have an idea of what it does!

Does anyone know if the BBC are going to to a "grid walk" for their live races? Could be fun to watch Brundle and BBC go head to head for interviews live on air. Maybe Brundle can leave Tayna alone and find a new target! I can imagine EJ following him around on the grid just to wind him up

Think Sky need to strengthen their punditry squad, and presenter, and the big armed Georgie Thompson, otherwise it's fine.

BBC wasn't great either, although oddly, I liked Coulthard out of The Jake, and The Owl.

Haven't bothered with BBC coverage, SKY coverage is excellent. I enjoy Anthony Davidson far more than I ever did Ol' Square Jaw McGraw, Hill and Brundle pre- and post-race are far better than Coulthard and Eddie 'have I mentioned that Force India used to be my team?' Jordan. And Natalie Pinkham is a fox. In the past 2 weeks they have also shown season reruns of 1988, 1989, 1990 and 1991, of which I especially loved whinging git Mansell throwing away the '91 titleLOL
Good stuff, SKY. Keep it up.

I watched BBC today. Will do so when I can because I like it better. Did anyone see the Chinese guy that Eddie, David and Jake interviewed after the race? Out of the blue he started saying how much better BBC was. Jake and David were going we didnt tell him to say that, thats not planned. then at the end Jake offered him 145quid.ROFLT'was funny.

The BBC's coverage, in all areas, exceeds that of Sky, apart from the fact that they don't have every race live. Well, apart from Ted Kravitz.

Can't comment on the BBC coverage but I thought Sky is getting better. George Lazenby is growing on me, all they need to do now is get rid of Georgie watsit who doesn't add anything (not even a bit of glamour) and I think they will prove their worth as a broadcaster.

Fully agreed FB, although I've been skipping most of the program due to the early starts and watching it recorded.

I'm looking forward to watching the full build up for once next weekend.

I echo Brogan's behaviours regarding pre-race build up on Sky which I record and scan through for the stuff (and people) I like to watch. This is an excellent way of managing my blood pressure when Christian Horner appears. I am enjoying Sky's coverage, including the fact that they rerun the sessions and races a number of times. I don't think I'll bother with BBC because I don't like Jake Humphrey or James Allen's style.

Back
Top Bottom