Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

ferrari have always gone for the best drivers there currently are. half of every world champion in history has driven a ferrari at some point. & really piquet is only triple world champion (or more) that ferrari didnt want that was available. as they signed Schumacher, prost, vettel, fangio, (according to legend) had a pre contract agreement with senna for 96, Stewart only wanted to drive for british teams, & brabham was only interested in building his own team

so Hamilton to ferrari makes historical sense. i doubt it makes racing sense because they have such a jekyll & hyde
car, that as great as Hamilton is, im not sure bar fewer mistakes. he could do better than leclerc. because it might be fastest car in qualifying but in the race its a distant 4th fastest. as look at how easy the 2 mercedes over took ferraris

Last edited:
I just wonder whether LeClerc suffers from the Coultard syndrome, blistering quick but suffers from brain fade at times, usually he wrong time

Because Mercedes are doing so much better ...

For whatever reason, many drivers want to drive for Ferrari at some point in their career.

Hamilton should take the money, see out his last year or two, and retire with a sullied reputation and damaged stats.

I said he should have retired after the corrupt WDC and he was a fool not to do so, but at least he can earn some extra cash.

Because Mercedes are doing so much better
at the moment on race pace id say they are quicker than ferrari. & if you gave me 2 contracts I would have more faith in Mercedes & James Allison turning it around than ferrari

but ferrari is rarely the logical choice is always the emotional choice

Lewis went to see a Lakers game (they, I believe, play the American version netball) and ended up on one of their screens.

1705404303281.png

Because Mercedes are doing so much better ...

For whatever reason, many drivers want to drive for Ferrari at some point in their career.

Hamilton should take the money, see out his last year or two, and retire with a sullied reputation and damaged stats.

I said he should have retired after the corrupt WDC and he was a fool not to do so, but at least he can earn some extra cash.
As they say over here - Cash is King

I agree, i think some media outlets have jumped the gun & its still could not will

Ferrari love a triple world champion, I think lewis & piquet sr are the only 3x world champions, ferrari havent tried to sign successfully or unsuccessfully
Schumacher - Signed
Hamilton - loyal to mercedes
Fangio - Signed
Prost - Signed
Vettel - Signed
Lauda - Signed
Senna - pre contract for 96 (apparently)
Piquet Sr - Critised Enzo ferrari
Verstappen - turned them down for red bull as youngster
Brabham - turned them down only want to drive his own cars
Stewart - turned them down, to drive for tyrell

Back
Top Bottom