Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

i was saying on other thread, Hamilton some shocking luck this weekend, makes it into Q2 Sainz brings out the red flag heavens open so no-one can improve, lost places being to close to Zhou incident in sprint, & then stuck in DRS train for 45 laps. the only thing you can say is that he should've pitted for the dry tyres, if it was me at latest lap 13

Hamilton would had too much "unfinished business" if he had retired. after 15 years & 37 yrs old he due a bad season

i was saying on other thread, Hamilton some shocking luck this weekend, makes it into Q2 Sainz brings out the red flag heavens open so no-one can improve, lost places being to close to Zhou incident in sprint, & then stuck in DRS train for 45 laps. the only thing you can say is that he should've pitted for the dry tyres, if it was me at latest lap 13

Hamilton would had too much "unfinished business" if he had retired. after 15 years & 37 yrs old he due a bad season
I am pretty sure the Verstappen fans will come out like vultures on facebook right now .

Yes it was painful to see but this week was endless bad luck after bad luck. Looking at post race Russell was very modest about the situation where some people would have gloated wildly. This is his toughest challenge to come back from and it will give us an indication if his heart is really in it but I don't expect him to walk away mid season.

The haters are already out in force claiming his results were always about the car, etc.
QED

Not the post, the Tweet.

Read the replies.

QED

Not the post, the Tweet.

Read the replies.

Yet they keep denying he beat a faster Ferrari in 2017 -2019 to serve their message nor will they acknowledge Schumacher made sure no one could beat him in a faster car even his own teammate

Wait till its Verstappen's turn - he still yet to beat the caliber of teammates that Hamilton has had

Last edited:
It was really dissapointing to hear Hamilton throw the towel in on lap 5 which makes his then solid drive through the field to a reliability effected 5th all the more contrasting.

We've always known Lewis likes a good whine on the radio but follows that up with a determined drive. This did seem different though. He, to my knowledge, has never asked to retire the car for the sake of it.

Following on from that message, and a decent strategy from Mercede, he dug deep, banged in some great laps and pulled himself up.

Mercedes appear to now have the third best car on the grid and have closed the gap to Ferrari and Red Bull. Let's hope this acts as a springboard for Hamilton and gives him some confidence.

I think there has been a change in outlook, if Valtteri had been up front as a teammate it wouldn't have been a problem as Lewis knew he had the beating of him over a season, with George however Lewis is in danger of being number 2, very similar to the 2011 with Jenson. Could be wrong but no matter how hard he fought he wouldn't be allowed to pass George on the track even if he could, so why try, I think Toto in a diplomatic way pointed out that it's a team game

Screenshot_20220524-231040_Instagram.jpg

I hate this sort of advice from successful people... "Fight for what you want. You'll get it"... That suggests that the other competitors in the championship weren't fighting for what they wanted. Or for those who didn't win, it's only because they didn't want it enough! (This is not a Lewis Hamilton thing - too often elite sportspeople make out that it only takes hard-work and perseverance, and everyone can be a champion...)...

No they can't!

Even if I had trained for 60 hours a week from the age of 10, I would still not have been able to run the 100m faster than Usain Bolt.

And of course, when I broke my wrist (in exactly the same way as Hamilton - falling off my bike, leading to a broken scaphoid - what I wanted was to be able to ride my bike... I tried to ride my bike, but because i'd broken my scaphoid, I couldn't squeeze the brake lever - leading to almost crashing my bike... But I fought for what i wanted (and almost killed myself doing it!)

The Artist..... yeah normal people cant do what these legends can but only from my knowledge of watching Sheffield United. having talent is only part of the equation because there quite a number of players. that had the talent but not the dedication. lys mousset is 1 that we just released. he had such talent couldve played in europe but he got overweight rarely match fit. has car crash in Lamborghini & now without a club

there many players that admit themselves werent naturally talented but put alot of work in & achieved more than they shouldve have

The problem is some have natural talent, others have physical attributes and talent that with hard work makes them successful, natural talent is not enough on its own. In motor racing the best example was Graham Hill and Jim Clark, Graham had the skill and hard work but Clark had the talent, how hard he worked I have no idea but in the same machinery Clark was unbeatable, In those days no aero just 4 wheels and an engine.

agreed you need to be fortunate but the best drivers do make it into the best cars mostly. & its still true that you cant stick a bad driver in good car & expect it to win the title. if you put latifi in a mercedes it gets beat

Yes but you could have equalled Usain Bolt in your younger days with hard work, you should have the stride just lacking technique LOL

I hate this sort of advice from successful people... "Fight for what you want. You'll get it"... That suggests that the other competitors in the championship weren't fighting for what they wanted. Or for those who didn't win, it's only because they didn't want it enough! (This is not a Lewis Hamilton thing - too often elite sportspeople make out that it only takes hard-work and perseverance, and everyone can be a champion...)...

No they can't!

Even if I had trained for 60 hours a week from the age of 10, I would still not have been able to run the 100m faster than Usain Bolt.

And of course, when I broke my wrist (in exactly the same way as Hamilton - falling off my bike, leading to a broken scaphoid - what I wanted was to be able to ride my bike... I tried to ride my bike, but because i'd broken my scaphoid, I couldn't squeeze the brake lever - leading to almost crashing my bike... But I fought for what i wanted (and almost killed myself doing it!)
To be fair lets take it in context Lewis' perspective. This is his big career break in F1 and his dream driving for Mclaren was based on maybe meeting some performance clauses to earn it that Ron wanted first . A set back like this might have stopped his development or blown his chance. Think of when teenagers go through dreams and ambitions and are about to live it ..but it could be shattered.

Its about resilience and perseverance to make it through.. it just does not take hard work but that will help at least. You have to remember what Lewis had to go through as a junior race driver being racially abused because of elitism. Everyone can be a champion in their own right if they applied the best version of themselves.

Yes its a sportsman cliche but the ones that did work it certainly got their rewards .. what would you think if this was Latifi/Stroll or Mazepin quoting this ?

I've seen this being laughed at on facebook which reminds me how do you think Verstappen got his big break at Red Bull . Its not the name for sure

Back
Top Bottom