Silverstone is ready to go

MCLS

Anti F1 fan
Valued Member
On the 17th May, the brand new state of the art paddock and pit complex will be unveiled by the Duke of Kent and Damon Hill. At least, unlike Donnington, it has been completed ahead of schedule and by the time the British Grand Prix rolls around it won't be some construction yard. It definitely looks striking and hopefully puts the British Grand Prix back at the forefront of Grand Prix events :D

If the race is boring, nobody will be distracted by the shiny pits. If it's exciting, nobody will notice.

Sorry that sounded like kind of a downer, but this modern reliance on a nice pit complex irritates the hell out of me because most fans don't get that close anyway.

It'll mean Ecclestone will have nothing one less thing to complain about when it comes to Silverstone

I'm glad it all worked out for them, been far too long that Silverstone's future was uncertain. However, couldn't they come up with a better name than The Silverstone Wing? Sounds more like the geriatric department of a hospital than a race track complex. With all the huge names and fantastic history of motorsport to choose from down the years you would have thought something more inspiring might have been suggested by the great unwashed.

If the race is boring, nobody will be distracted by the shiny pits. If it's exciting, nobody will notice.

Sorry that sounded like kind of a downer, but this modern reliance on a nice pit complex irritates the hell out of me because most fans don't get that close anyway.

Ooh, you're so negative! ;)

Actually, I love the complex; working in Architecture as I do, I think it's a vast improvement on what Donington were proposing there, while not being as OTT and brash as somewhere like Yas Marina.

I was miffed though to lose out in the naming contest. My entry was 'The Big Wing', which I still think was better; encompassing the feel of the new structure and acknowledging the site's wartime RAF history.

Bah!

They should have called it the Delta Wing - delta for change and the wing shape which has an RAF and F1 connection.

Damn! Wish I'd known about the competition - that would have won the geek award "for sure".

They should have called it the Delta Wing - delta for change and the wing shape which has an RAF and F1 connection.

Damn! Wish I'd known about the competition - that would have won the geek award "for sure".

Yeah, nice idea there. Don't think Vulcans ever flew from there though! :D
Mainly Wellington bomber trainers, hence the name of the recent new straight. That geeky enough for you?

Back
Top Bottom