Sick bags at the ready...

Read that just after my cornflakes this morning :sick:

another_sexplz_by_MenInASuitcase.gif

This was the one thing that worried me last year when they announced that DC was moving into commentary. He had the corporate chip implanted by Ron and it has been reprogrammed by Christian, and he seems to have lost the ability to be objective. His defence of the Red Bull team last year and his assertion that "Sebastian is ... inwardly calm and confident ... without being arrogant ... At no time has Seb displayed that in his short time in F1" makes me think he must be living on another planet. SV's various finger gestures, whether pointed skywards or twirled alongside his head, all scream arrogance, as does his assumption that as soon as his front wheel is past his opponent's then the track is his...

Fingers crossed that this will all work out. After all, we have suffered through James Allen's fawning sycophancy toward Michael Schumacher and chuckled at James Hunt's blind hatred of Riccardo Patrese in the past and still enjoyed the racing.

All we can hope is that Brundle brings this corporate monkey down a peg or five..

Brundle is Mr.Balanced opinion. I really can't think of anyone who he over complements - except Tanya when he is trying to get an interview :D. He is going to make a great lead commentator.

They did prefix the article with "Red Bull consultant" hopefully part of his Beeb contract stipulates that he cannot show any bias towards the fizzy pop team (disgusting stuff imo)

Just to add more vomit to the bag, Andrew Benson on the BBC has published the 1st choices for this years classic races. This season however they are letting the drivers pick the classic races of all time. 1st up we have Sebby V and his choices....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2011/03/welcome_to_the_first_edition.html

Predictable to say the least. The comments section of the blog echoes my thoughts.

Narcissistic little so and so, isn't he? I suppose you have to have the streak of ruthlessness to get where he has got, but its nicer to see a driver with a sense of his place in history. I thought Seb might be one who thought like that, what with his obsession with topping the record charts, but clearly not.

Just to add more vomit to the bag, Andrew Benson on the BBC has published the 1st choices for this years classic races. This season however they are letting the drivers pick the classic races of all time. 1st up we have Sebby V and his choices....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2011/03/welcome_to_the_first_edition.html

Predictable to say the least. The comments section of the blog echoes my thoughts.
To be fair though, it does depend how the question was put to them - if they were asked "what are your all-time top 5 GPs?" then they could be forgiven for thinking they mean their personal best ones that they have driven in. Ambiguous question to say the least...

Of course, that doesn't rule out them being self-obsessed! :yes:

To be fair though, it does depend how the question was put to them - if they were asked "what are your all-time top 5 GPs?" then they could be forgiven for thinking they mean their personal best ones that they have driven in. Ambiguous question to say the least...

True, but If Hamilton was asked the same question, you could bet some of Senna's would be in his list, rather then just 5 of his own wins

True, but If Hamilton was asked the same question, you could bet some of Senna's would be in his list, rather then just 5 of his own wins

I wouldn't make predictions too soon, derby, he very well could be going for

1. 2007 Canadian GP
  2. 2008 Monaco GP
  3. 2008 British GP
  4. 2008 Brazilian GP
  5. 2010 Canadian GP
when his turn comes around!

I wouldn't make predictions too soon, derby, he very well could be going for

1. 2007 Canadian GP
  2. 2008 Monaco GP
  3. 2008 British GP
  4. 2008 Brazilian GP
  5. 2010 Canadian GP
when his turn comes around!

They would probably be my top 5 anyway. :p

Very true. Reading Andrew Benson's riposte in the comments to the BBC page it is clear that when he says "classic" he actually means "race between 1979 and 2010 for which we already have a highlights package and which we haven't put on this blog in the last couple of years". Pretty limiting, so perhaps Seb can be forgiven.

p.s. If anyone from Auntie is reading this: I'd quite happily pay a few quid a year to subscribe to the BBC's online F1 red button coverage... call me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom