Head To Head Sebastian Vettel v Charles Leclerc

Johnny Carwash

World Champion
Contributor
The new kid on the block from Monaco, against the 4 time World Champion from Germany.It will be interesting to see how this rivalry continues for the rest of this season and beyond.

As drivers I like both of them but it seems to me it's going to be difficult to be a fan of both the way things are going. It will be a fascinating struggle between the two of them and the team bosses at Ferrari need to handle it well. In my view they haven't so far indeed they have probably added to the way things are going. People inevitably will pick sides, that's human nature isn't it?

I picked a side as soon as Leclerc joined Ferrari. I don’t believe Vettel to be trustworthy as a teammate so always support the other.

The interesting part was watching Ghasly with a Honda engine outdrive Hamilton with a Mercedes engine; the commentators commented on it as well. It was almost like they had been told to reduce their power.:whistle:

baring in mind this. Mattia Binotto will speak with Vettel & Leclerc at the team's Italian headquarters this week in the wake of their "silly" mutually-destructive clash in the Brazilian GP

this footage doesnt make great viewing for vettel. because as well as the video you see the start of move with DRS deployed & the crash. vettel has noticeable gone quite along way over. ive always speculated that i dont vettel is that clumsy i just think his spacial awareness lets him down at times & he believes he has more room than he probally does

vettel 1.png

vettel 2.png

And yet the FIA found no fault.

I wonder if that's because Vettel was already on 9 penalty points and being found guilty of this would result in a ban (assuming another 3 points were awarded)?

Or is it another example of the leniency shown towards Vettel and Ferrari?

And yet the FIA found no fault.

I wonder if that's because Vettel was already on 9 penalty points and being found guilty of this would result in a ban (assuming another 3 points were awarded)?

Or is it another example of the leniency shown towards Vettel and Ferrari?
I think it kind of depends on whether he deliberately moved over on Leclerc or not. I have not explored this issue (so many incidences...so little time), but I assume that Vettel did deliberately move on Leclerc as opposed to accidently being blown or bouncing over into him.

It's not deliberately crashing as the outcome is unpredictable.

What it is, is deliberately crowding/swerving/forcing a driver to move off their line.

we come back to this question pre singapore. if we get a repeat of 2019 in 2021. what happens with vettel in 2021 as i assume mercedes red bull or retirement

we come back to this question pre singapore. if we get a repeat of 2019 in 2021. what happens with vettel in 2021 as i assume mercedes red bull or retirement

Well, that is what I am pondering....as I am not sure he will stay with Ferrari after 2020, but he certianly won’t be the #2 to Max at Red Bull or the #2 to Hamilton at Mercedes.

The curious scenario is that we have 4-5 top drivers who kind of expect to be in a top team (Hamilton, mad Max, Vettel, now Leclerc, and maybe Ricciardo). We only have three top teams. So two of these drivers are going to have to share teams or move to a lesser team (like Ricciardo did). A couple of top drivers may be sniffing around Mclaren for 2021.

Will be interesting after the last race in Abu Dhabi if Charles Leclerc finishes above Sebastian Vettel in the standings,what will happen for the start of 2020.Will Ferrari back the driver who finished higher in the standings or will they back the 4 times World Champion.

Well, obviously they need to treat them as equals. That is almost certain to create fireworks, but they already have fireworks (and blown tires) with how they were dealing with it. In the end, I suspect they will be forced to say goodbye to Vettel after 2020 for the sake of team peace. It is clear that he cannot team with a competitive teammate. He needs to find a team where he is clear #1 (McLaren?).

Back
Top Bottom