Schumacher to drive for Mercedes

An interesting thing just popped into my head.
Back in 1992. Schumacher was supposed to drive for Sauber, because he was "pushed" into F1 with a check from Mercedes. But, the fine print in the contract said that he has to drive for a Mercedes-owned team, and Sauber was just powered by Mercedes engines, so he ended up in Bennetton.

Maybe Nick Fry found that contract somewhere and called Schumi? :snigger:

Has this Wiki page been updated very recently? As there is only Nico there now...

I wonder if someone was trying to invoke the commentator's curse... :s

Yes, it looks like people have been editing it constantly over the last few days.
Sometimes MS appears as the first driver.

Nico is insisting he will not be the number two driver next season. So it is probably him who keeps editing schuey out and Nick Fry keeps putting Michael back on top. :whistle:

snowy said:
Nico is insisting he will not be the number two driver next season. So it is probably him who keeps editing schuey out and Nick Fry keeps putting Michael back on top. :whistle:

He wont. He will be no.3 :D if Schumi has no4 on the nose of his Mercedes...
I think he never had a number 4.
The last even number he had on a car was 32 in "7up Jordan". Since then, all of them were odd. Thats a bit odd. LOL

Cancer Cowboy said:
snowy said:

He wont. He will be no.3 :D if Schumi has no4 on the nose of his Mercedes...
I think he never had a number 4.
The last even number he had on a car was 32 in "7up Jordan". Since then, all of them were odd. Thats a bit odd. LOL

Not really, because he was #1 driver in a top team for most of the years thereafter, which even before the WCC-system generally led to odd numbers!

I'm betting Michael is wishing he hadn't spoken to Luca now. :whistle:

And Mercedes are probably a bit miffed too. They've been going out of their way to keep it all hush hush. :snigger:

It's actually not a bad idea at least the field would stand a chance of keeping their tyres warm! That Burnt out Lander is a wuss.

Breaking news on the BBC.

Schumacher has signed for Mercedes.

Apparently he's going to be paid £6.2 million for 1 season.
Isn't that a lot more than Jenson was after?

Seven-times Formula 1 world champion Michael Schumacher will come out of retirement to race for Mercedes next year, BBC Sport understands.

The German, who will be 41 on 3 January, has signed a contract and the deal will be announced imminently.

Schumacher will partner compatriot Nico Rosberg in the team that won the drivers' and constructors' titles in 2009 in its former guise as Brawn.

His spokeswoman Sabine Kehm said she could not make any comment.
Michael Schumacher signs up for F1 return with Mercedes

Back
Top Bottom