Safety cars in Singapore 2011

How many safety cars at Singapore?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
There seems to have been a lot of contact with walls and kerbs during free practise this weekend.

So how many safety car instances tomorrow?

Just a bit of fun - or not, as the case may be.

I'm just worried that if there are 2+ Safety cars, or rain, we will go over the 2 hour limit. They really need to quicken up the race, by getting rid of the endless right - handers and maybe go round the goverment building to elongate the straight.

Back to the safety car thing, I have a feeling that this will be a crash-bang-wallop GP.

I'm just worried that if there are 2+ Safety cars, or rain, we will go over the 2 hour limit. They really need to quicken up the race, by getting rid of the endless right - handers and maybe go round the goverment building to elongate the straight.

Back to the safety car thing, I have a feeling that this will be a crash-bang-wallop GP.

Why?? the two hours limit is there for a reason, if ti goes over then tough. Race drivers should be fit enough. We will be gewtting our moneys worth compared to Monza.
Sorry off topic a little there.

Why?? the two hours limit is there for a reason, if ti goes over then tough. Race drivers should be fit enough. We will be gewtting our moneys worth compared to Monza.
I should have explained more. I don't care about the driver's fitness levels, but I just would like to get the full 61 laps, not a truncated GP.

Well if it rains during the race, for at least 7-10 laps it will surpass the two hour limit, and if there's more than one safety car it could aswell, the race is too long, should be shortened by at least by 5 laps, so that they have a little time to spare if either of these circumstances arise.

I should have explained more. I don't care about the driver's fitness levels, but I just would like to get the full 61 laps, not a truncated GP.
Well if it rains during the race, for at least 7-10 laps it will surpass the two hour limit, and if there's more than one safety car it could aswell, the race is too long, should be shortened by at least by 5 laps, so that they have a little time to spare if either of these circumstances arise.

Im ok with the race running a shorter distance cause of the 2 hour limit. If offers a bit of a differnt challenge. Monaco used to have the same problems in the mid 80's, although i think the couple of occastions it could of run the two hour limit, it was red flagged anyhow.

tbh, the perfect soloution too me is to ditch the two hour race limit. And let the race be as long as it needs to be timewise to complete the distance but that will never happen because Tv slots.

tbh, the perfect soloution too me is to ditch the two hour race limit. And let the race be as long as it needs to be timewise to complete the distance but that will never happen because Tv slots.

Yeah, but still keep the distance limit and the Monaco limit.

Firstly, two SCs.

Secondly, it is not a truncated Grand Prix if it goes over 2 hours. It is 300km or 2 hours. A 2 hour Grand Prix is a full Grand Prix.
What I meant was that I would prefer to see it go the full distance i.e. 61 laps.

Each to their own isn’t it, id rather we saw it to the 200 mile limit even if it meant the race sometimes was a few minutes over the 2 hours. Obviously if it was regularly going to be 40, 50or 60 minutes more maybe not. But then that would be the track that’s just too slow.

Back
Top Bottom