RoGro to go go?

What about Senna? He was the reserve before and isn't Bottas favourite for his seat? He may not be super quick but he has been fairly predictable for bringing the car home.

Senna looked good in comparison to Maldonado and Petrov mostly when they didn't finish. But he has his merit - he wouldn't take points of Raikkonen.

They'd effectively be wasting the time they've spent on him this season if they dumped him now. Give him some ambitious targets for the middle of next season, then review it.

If they wanted to move for someone else, I think Kovalainen would be a good shout. Sponsors might not like two Finns together though.

As reckless he has been, I thought he would have kept his seat, he was doing really well at the start, has gone off the boil after Hungary, or maybe his team-mate has just grown in confidence after having half season to get up to scratch?

I don't know if he deserves another season or not, he's had the pace, but he has been reckless, he isn't consistent either. He could pay dividends next season, but he might not either.

Out of all the candidates listed, I can't really see any of them replacing Grosjean. Maybe d'Ambrosio as he's the third driver, plus is under the same management as Grosjean.

RasputinLives you also forgot Davide Valsecchi who has done tests for Lotus and has impressed them, plus he's a GP2 champion.

I personally would like to see Valsecchi or Kobayashi beside Raikkonen, I am still unconvinced about Kovalainen.

I don't see why they'd go for Valsecchi as a replacement over Grosjean as they have no idea if Valsecchi would be able to match the pace Grosjean has shown or whether he'd be any less reckless. Like others have said its easy to make a quick driver less reckless than to make a safe driver fast.

Grosjean has always been quick as his quali record has shown even at the height of the media pressure when his race form dropped.

Maldonado seems to have reigned it in since around the time of the Singapore GP, so about a season and 2/3rds in to his career. I'd like to see Grosjean given at least as much time, if he can cut out the errors I think he could be very close to Kimi next year.

I actually think Grosjean is even quicker than Maldo. If you think that he's been close to Kimi on pace this year then he has the potential to be a proprt front runner if he can sort his head out. Surely worth the risk of another year.

Anyways since I wrote this it seems pretty certain that Guttirez will be driving a Sauber next year which takes him off the table
...does leave the very tempting idea of Kobi a very real option though. By his interviews you can tell no ones talked to Kamui about it but surely it must have been thought about.

Like both those guys so not really sure which out come I'd like.

Back
Top Bottom