Current Robert Kubica

He's fast, Polish and a bloody brilliant racer. To me Kubica is a special talent and has been very unlucky to not find himself in a top team yet.

The thing i like about Kubica is that he's a trier and never gives in say if he was third and had a sniff of second he'd go and chase the second place man down. He's a much toned down version of Lewis Hamilton IMHO he's great at overtaking (Austrailla 2009) exception and if he was in a better car i think he'd a won more races than the current 1 he stands at.

Kubica made his F1 debut at the Hungrian GP in 2006 replacing the injuried Jacque Villeneuve for BMW Sauber. He'd outqualified teammate Nick Heidfeld at the time and finished the race in 7th place only to be DSQ for been under weight. Since Kubica's first and only Pole Position came at the 2008 Bahrain GP, that same season he'd broke his winning duck and won his current and only race in Canada. Kubica has stood on the podium 12 times and in his 76 race he's scored a total of 273 points.

Sad news broke eariler in the year (2011) that Kubica had been involved in a Rally competition and crashed, his life was said to be in the balance, but he's slowly recovering from nasty injuries he substaned in the accident. It remains to be seen whether Kubica will return to motor-racing. But for me Kubica is a talented driver and if we do see him back on the grid i'd be over the moon.

Whether you like him or not Kubica is a cool guy and one that i'd like to see become Champion if he return's to the sport.

How do you rate Kubica?

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 12.05.32.png

Firstly welcome to CTA Lucky Luke *waves*

Secondly I'm not too sure. With Stroll leaving Williams they'll need to replace the money they lose from him so I think they'll stick with Sirotkin and probably go for whoever is ousted at Force India by Lance Stroll. Either Perez for his backing or Ocon due to Merc backing. All this could leave Kubica still in the testing role.

The only chance Kubica will get back into F1 is if a sponsor like Martini came along said they wanted a driver over 25 years old with proven grand prix pedigree.

It appears Williams will probably field Russell in the other car given Mercedes push for to blood their young drivers over Oliver Rowland who probably deserves a shot at least

I think Ocon is first in the queue where Merc drivers are concerned so it depends on where he lands. I still think Perez and his backing will be quite a tempting of an offer for Williams but that again depends on if Perez can find a seat elsewhere.

I'm afraid I can't see a race seat again for Kubica (or poor old Oli Rowland) in F1 but would love to see him turn his hand to Formula E.

Apparently Ocon and Stroll are good friends from junior days and Esteban is well liked by the FI team so maybe that will be enough to keep him there so Russell goes to Williams

If Russell wins F2 ahead of Norris then putting Russell in either Formula E or DTM is a daft decision by Toto given he's pretty much been seen in the Mercedes paddock at the grand prix weekends. Russel has pretty much set his sights on F1 and a young british driver in a Williams does seems to go down well considering the last young Brit Williams gave their debut became world champion

Yes nearly 20 years ago now . It was on Frank's gut instinct to pick the inexperience Jenson over certainly on paper the much more ready Bruno Junqeira.

It actually reminds me how far Williams have fallen given they have a proud history and developing future world champions

Wow. That's made my day and brought some genuine hype to the paddock, excellent. Amazing.

Edit: shame he's only in a Williams!

Back
Top Bottom