Current Robert Kubica

He's fast, Polish and a bloody brilliant racer. To me Kubica is a special talent and has been very unlucky to not find himself in a top team yet.

The thing i like about Kubica is that he's a trier and never gives in say if he was third and had a sniff of second he'd go and chase the second place man down. He's a much toned down version of Lewis Hamilton IMHO he's great at overtaking (Austrailla 2009) exception and if he was in a better car i think he'd a won more races than the current 1 he stands at.

Kubica made his F1 debut at the Hungrian GP in 2006 replacing the injuried Jacque Villeneuve for BMW Sauber. He'd outqualified teammate Nick Heidfeld at the time and finished the race in 7th place only to be DSQ for been under weight. Since Kubica's first and only Pole Position came at the 2008 Bahrain GP, that same season he'd broke his winning duck and won his current and only race in Canada. Kubica has stood on the podium 12 times and in his 76 race he's scored a total of 273 points.

Sad news broke eariler in the year (2011) that Kubica had been involved in a Rally competition and crashed, his life was said to be in the balance, but he's slowly recovering from nasty injuries he substaned in the accident. It remains to be seen whether Kubica will return to motor-racing. But for me Kubica is a talented driver and if we do see him back on the grid i'd be over the moon.

Whether you like him or not Kubica is a cool guy and one that i'd like to see become Champion if he return's to the sport.

How do you rate Kubica?

As happy as I for Robert I think you need to understand that the fact he is driving again means we all now live in a world where Rayfromtoronto is right.

Were you right? Yes. What did it cost you? Everything.

Yes. He argued very hard and very aggressively for it earlier in the thread. I think the argument only ran for like 8 pages though which is quite short in the scheme of things.

ill admit I never thought I see him but that was because many people inside in F1, said that the space he would need, would make an F1 return impractable. lets not forget Stefano Domenicali in 2013 said "We were keeping an eye on him. Unfortunately I don't think he will be back. With his physical problem, he would struggle in certain situations which require reactivity. It's a shame."

Robert Kubica will not return to Formula 1, says Ferrari team boss

he has the talent undoubtedly some of the miracles he performed in that 2010 Renault & at Ferrari would've been world champion in waiting. but his disability which he says nothing affected, he could surprise us all. the only worry is the Williams as their chassis has been consisterntly 1 of the worst on the grid since 2013. he was always confident this is kubica from july 2017
Kubica says '80-90 percent' chance of F1 return, set for second test

"Because I'm very realistic, & I'm keeping my feet on the ground, I'd put it at 80/90%."

"Once my comfort, or let's say limitation things, were gone in 3 laps, I could concentrate on trying to get back to the proper rhythm. I'm surprised how it felt; it felt for me like I hadn't driven for 1 month, not 6 years."

"I think most of the question marks I had are gone & I'm very comfortable with it. Actually it was a huge relief for me because this test would have been a case of, 'Yes, I can do this' or 'No, I have to close the door on F1 forever'."

Kubica definitely has talent but on a grid where giving only 99.3% will put you somewhere around 13th, how is he going to overcome his hand problems? My guess is that he won't and will be slow in the Williams. Of course, any deficit in speed will be blamed on the car and not RK but I'm afraid it will be just more of Williams being at the back of the pack. My Polish wife will be thrilled to see him out there, though

He will ultimately be compared with his team mate the highly regarded George Russel. But if he can pull off unexpected good results that speaks more than a team mate comparison. Taking opportunities and displaying race craft is what matters.

I was one of the naysayers, and am glad for once to be proved wrong. The proof of the pudding will, of course, be in the eating, but I hope for nothing but the best for him. Whether Williams - incidentally my first love - will be able to provide a car that is even vaguely competitive is another question. Best wishes and congratulations Robert!

You know if both Kubica and Russell vault Williams further up the grid, it is going to be very embarrassing for Stroll and probably Claire Williams given that they've denied this season's pairing is money related

Kubica to me is in a no lose situation
- if struggles we can say its the car or that 8 years he is race rusty for F1 and lost a bit of sharpness plus he is having to adapt his driving with the injury

- if he improves then its a bonus and Russell is a rookie anyway unless you want to consider that both drivers are rookies given Kubica's time away from F1

So what this means is Ocon is definitely on the sidelines for 2019

As I remember it he did outshine them, or at least one of them - was it testing or practice? Barcelona rings a bell...

Well could be. But i remember him slagging the car off very publicly in Barcelona. So he mustve done very well to get away with that. Or williams couldnt complain as it was all true :D

Looking at the onboards from FP1 kubica was highly impressive because he was driving effectively 1 handed which as Davidson said on sky if you said can you go & drive an f1 car with 1 hand he would find it extremely tough & would be a mess

Although im trying to remember who said about kubica, that he should be fine everywhere but struggle at monaco they doubt he would be able to get through the hairpins of monaco with his limitations

Last edited:
I really wonder about Kubica... hope he proves me wrong... really hope so..

10:38 Grosjean's had a lock-up at Turn 1 and been through the asphalt run-off area.
10:42 Kubica's been to the same garden fence shop as Gasly, but he has two pieces behind the front wheels, whereas Red Bull placed one giant piece in front of the left rear.

Back
Top Bottom