Radical New Idea

You could have a relay tag system, the third rookie driver sits in his car in the pits and then replaces the car coming in to pit. Could make the rookie do a stint for each of the senior drivers during the race

Exactly. If the people that count only had the WILL to change things for the younger up and coming drivers to give more of them a chance I'm sure they would. I have no idea personally about what might or might not work but those inside F1 could probably come up with some stunning changes. With radical changes in cars, aero and/or engines in the offing , why not think about the drivers too?

Cricket, for instance, has evolved drastically in my lifetime, so why not F1?

You can't compare cricket to F1, and seeing how F1 was in the 50s and 60s it has drastically evolved in 50 years

You can't compare cricket to F1, and seeing how F1 was in the 50s and 60s it has drastically evolved in 50 years

Fair enough - a poor example on my part.

I think what I'm really trying to get at is the harsh reality of the fact that we used to lose F1 drivers at quite an alarming rate in the past, which meant there were always places to fill. All I'm saying today is why not try to make MORE seats available today using different methods. Somehow.

Why watch the same 5 or 6 "stars" every race?

This, would never work. As this system is what makes Le Mans "unique" along with the 24hr. Also, F1 isn't an endurance race, it is a sprint compared to the series' that use driver changes.

I think it would provide more comedy than sheer sport entertainment :snigger:

Back
Top Bottom