QWC2010

And so it came to pass that after 5 consecutive races, once again a non-Red Bull car was on pole. However, it was not to be a non-red car, with Ferrari taking the coveted second place in the Championship courtesy of Fernando Alonso's pole (and Massa's third).

Its Button's best result of the season so he moves up to 6th, deplacing Kubica. Hamilton's disappointing qualifying means that Alonso is now in touch with him.

Neither Red Bull driver would now lead the QWCC, but they have a handy 104 point gap to Lewis Hamilton in the Drivers Championship and an astonishing 265 point lead in the Constructors' version.

Attachments

• F110.jpg
    F110.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 251
We're coming into the end of the season, and it is looking rather good for Red Bull Racing!

The battle for 3rd/2nd is rather interesting though, with Hamilton and Alonso separated by a single point and their teams separated by only 3.

There are also tight battles between Button & Massa, Kubica & Rosberg and Schumacher & Barrichello. They could be more interesting than Vettel's second consecutive QWC title.

That's been fixed, of course, Ferrari and McLaren's battle(s) are one of the interesting components to this since Vettel has all but sealed the deal.

teabagyokel said:
That's been fixed, of course, Ferrari and McLaren's battle(s) are one of the interesting components to this since Vettel has all but sealed the deal.
Indeed.

The fact though that Red Bull are just 20 points away from the total of McLaren and Ferrari speaks volumes.
Especially that only now has one of the Red Bull Drivers managed to create a gap to 2nd place, who isn't driving a Red Bull.

Their conversion rate this season has been shocking, in particular Vettel.
It would be interesting to see just how bad it is comparing to previous seasons.

I think in general, the top teams tend to lose points over the course of a season, since so much more can go wrong in a race than a qualifying session. However, even if you change points systems and everything, I can't believe that there has been a team in recent years who have lost points so badly than this Red Bull team.

Sebastian Vettel is the 2010 Qualifying World Champion, taking his second successive title from the clutches of team-mate Mark Webber.

A good week for Williams, who don't advance any positions but look a lot closer now.

Fernando Alonso leads Lewis Hamilton because he has had more pole positions.

Attachments

• CTA.jpg
    CTA.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 179
Its over! As I factor out penalties, Lewis retains a second place, and hence goes into third place in the Championship with McLaren in second. Alonso is likely to take the WDC from 4th in the QWC. He's a Sunday driver!

Attachments

• CTA.jpg
    CTA.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 157
teabagyokel said:
I think in general, the top teams tend to lose points over the course of a season, since so much more can go wrong in a race than a qualifying session. However, even if you change points systems and everything, I can't believe that there has been a team in recent years who have lost points so badly than this Red Bull team.
Best training record is for McLaren in 1988 and 1989 who scored 221 points out of the possible maximum of 240. :o Respectively occupying the front row 12 and 11 times (out of 16). And outscoring the other teams combined (179 points). Now that was boring.

teabagyokel said:
The Other Teams have scored 1200 points to Red Bull's 720 this year!
You can't really compare that anymore because there are more points available. First 10 are getting points now, it was first 6 then.

Wombcat said:
You can't really compare that anymore because there are more points available. First 10 are getting points now, it was first 6 then.
It still gives 37.5% of the total points to Red Bull.

By any reckoning that is a significant portion of the points for one team.

Brogan said:
Wombcat said:
It still gives 37.5% of the total points to Red Bull.

By any reckoning that is a significant portion of the points for one team.
True, but this part of the discussion started with my remark about McLaren in 1988 outscoring the other teams combined. That was possible then, but isn't possible anymore. That was what I was referring to.
To get a good comparison with McLaren in 1988 you'd have to compare the points of Red Bull with the total they could achieve. They scored 720 out of 817, which is 88%. McLaren 1988 was 92%.

Back
Top Bottom