Qually Rules Shake Up

This doesn't solve the problem this is addressing, but what I think would be a cool qualifying format is to have it as it is for Q1 and Q2, but in Q3 do something similar to what we had in 2005. Each of the 10 drivers take it in turns to do 1 flying lap in reverse order of how they finished in Q2. This will give added excitement to Q2 as it'll be an advantage to finish 1st and get to be the last out on track for Q3 (in theory) and then we'll actually get to watch all the flying laps for pole rather than just watching the first person to cross the line and then the finish line for everyone that follows.

I am hopeful the extra tyres in Q3 and starting on the Q2 tyres is the real solution to non-runners in Q3. I think the 2 minute tweek is simply to allow enough time for 2 runs in Q3. Which was a bit tight.

Q1 at Monaco and Canada are going to be fun. Hardly enough room on track for 22 cars to be evenly spaced and a little less time means a bit more pressure on everyone to get a lap in. Fun fun fun!

Greenlantern101

I was about to say the same thing. For instance, at Spa, you need 6 minutes for an out lap, fast lap, in lap... Then the teams would have to spend 1-2 minutes refuelling and refitting tyres (as they are only allowed to do this in the garage), so it gets exceptionally tight to be able to do two banzai low fuel runs....

Back
Top Bottom