Qualifying - How would you run it?

Here's an alternative idea.

Qualifying becomes a 1 hour race.

Starting grid of Qualifying Race is reverse Championship Standings.

Whoever wins the race starts on pole, second goes seconds, etc.

This way you get loads of extra overtakes, and if you give everyone the same number of tyres, noone will 'save tyres'.

Bit strange but what do you think?

But it'd certainly give the front runners something to think about wouldn't it? Would really love a repeat of the 2005 Japanese GP one day that was class that race :).

As much as it might good, it's kind of a fix, why should you get penalised for having a faster car :dunno:

Which was the year when they had an 'aggregate' qualifying? 2005? 2006? 2004? I wasn't watching in any of those years.

It always sounded an interesting idea to me but I don't think people liked it? Why not?

Which was the year when they had an 'aggregate' qualifying? 2005? 2006? 2004? I wasn't watching in any of those years.

It always sounded an interesting idea to me but I don't think people liked it? Why not?
Because Qualifying wasn't decided on a Saturday. And there wasn't any 'banzais' because everyone was concerned by the aggregate - one mistake could send you to the back of the field.

Did you know that in every race, except Malaysia, a car knocked out in Q1 has made up the most places in the race...?

Obviously it is easier to make up places from 24th, but if you take out the new teams, you still have a driver out in Q1 making up most (or equal most) places in 12 of the 16 races up to and including Korea.

Back
Top Bottom