• Raikkonen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trulli

• Vettel

• Total voters
G

Since we now have the option of 25 choices in the Poll category, I thought we could answer Ed Gorman's question from The Times article http://timesonline.typepad.com/formula_ ... e-top.html

"Who are your best drivers in terms of sheer ability behind the wheel......let's forget everything else, by which I mean all out of the car issues, and just concentrate on driving and racing skill".

All 20 current drivers are listed alphabetically in order of surname; choose your personal top 5 lol

There is a reason that Raikkonen & Hamilton are in the best cars, so they get my vote. Massa has been conspicuously excellent in 2007/08 and since mid-2006 has looked the real deal. Kubica is clearly an excellent driver. As for Alonso... if he hasn't got a team-mate then he is fantastic!

Don't get over-excited guys, it's just a toe-in-the-water exercise at the moment. I'll see how things go, so don't be surprised if I appear/disappear from time to time.

Nice setup you've got here though.

My Top 5 are (in no particular order):

1. Button
2. Hamilton
3. Raikkonen
4. Massa
5. Rosberg

Although Sutil and Kubica have potential, will have to see how Kubica deals with a fast team mate really before making any judgement on him. Alonso is off my list as he doesn't seem to be able to handle having a fast team mate when the team gives their drivers equal machinery.

Massa, one of the top five? nononono
1. Kubica
2. Kimi
3. Lewis
4. Alonso
5. Rosberg

Button, isnt a top five. We have never seen him in a competative car so you cant say he is the best. I think trulli is good, but terrible at some tracks. DC, he was good at McLaren, but never won a WC so you cant say he is in the top 5. Hiedfeld, maybe, but i think Rosberg pips him. Im going wild with Kubica number 1. Although im a Kimi man, when he leaves and Kubica takes his seat (hopefully) then we will see a multiple WC in him ( and his nose ) :snigger:

Personally, I find it difficult to make a decision on the best...

What constitutes the best? Is it the fastest drivers? Is it the complete package, which may be lacking a little bit of pace.

However, of the 20 drivers currently racing in F1 (And I don't want to rank them), the fastest are (in my opinion):

Button
Hamilton
Alonso
Vettel
Kubica

Whilst the best (Including car development, and all round driving:

Alonso
Heidfeld
Kubica
Raikkonen
(Possibly) Hamilton.

I do have a proviso with Hamilton in this list, as I'm not yet convinced by his all-round development of the car; For sure he is fast, but is he the entire package? Only time will tell. Certainly, he is looking like it, even at this early stage of his career.

Back
Top Bottom