Pirelli to supply F1 tyres from 2011

Pirelli to take aggressive approach:

Pirelli has promised Formula 1 fans that it will take an 'aggressive' approach to its tyre choice for next season in a bid to help improve the show.

With the Italian tyre manufacturer having taken on board the lessons from this year's Canadian Grand Prix, which was turned into a great spectacle because of rubber that was difficult to manage, Pirelli says that careful thought will now be made about how best to approach 2011.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84895

Does this mean every race next season will be a lottery? :bored:

snowy said:
Does this mean every race next season will be a lottery? :bored:
I think it means they won't be producing compounds which can last a whole race, as was the case with Kamui at Valencia.
He only pitted in the last few laps because of the 2 compound rule, not because he had to.

I think what most people would like to see is 4 different compounds with a marked performance differential and durability between each one.

A reactionary and visionless appraoch to F1 and life really has been totally discredited over and over and yet still it persists... :crazy:

Making all your critical decisions based on the events of one GP is highly erroneous. There is still a very serious case for harder compound tyres and limiting the creation of marbles off line. This would be a profound shift toward facilitating overtaking, would be a move toward a greener F1 that doesn't use hundreds of tyres every GP, and tyre development would be even more relevant to road cars, etc, etc...

Buried within the recent Bernie articles are some rather curious comments. (shocker, I know)

We have a long-term contract with Pirelli, as the FIA do. And I think most of the teams have – I think they’ve done a deal with all the teams they want to do a deal with.

Since when? Could this really be a done deal already, or has Bernie lost the plot completely? (another shocker) All we've heard the last couple weeks are threats and innuendo surrounding the possible tire suppliers from next season. And has Pirelli ever had individual deals with "the teams they want to do a deal with"?

Just as he said last week, Bernie has confirmed that he (FOM apparently) indeed has a contract with Pirelli for next season;

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ecclestone-has-2014-contract-with-pirelli/

when asked on Thursday about Pirelli's situation, chief executive Ecclestone told F1 business journalist Christian Sylt,: "We have got a contract with Pirelli for next year."

This deal must relate to the Advertising/Signage seen all over the F1 world displaying Pirelli. I recently read that the deal is worth around 21 Million dollars to Bernie. So you can imagine why he stood steadfastly behind Pirelli throughout this saga, and why he would be orchestrating other deals behind the scenes to protect this income.

Back
Top Bottom