Paul di Resta

Just realised we don't have a thread on the young Scot and there's something I have to get off my chest but, first, here's some history.

A real sporting family, his cousins are the Franchitti brothers and his step father was Scottish footballer Dougie McCracken (no, I'd never heard of him either but he played for Ayr, Dunbarton and East Fife). As ever, started in karting before moving to Formula Renault with Manor Motorsport. He was Formula 3 Euroseries champion in 2006 before moving on to DTM.

With Mercedes backing he was lined up for a drive with Force India in 2009 but FI chose to continue with their '08 driver line up. As test driver in 2010 for FI di Resta finally secured a seat for the 2011 season alongside Adrian Sutil scoring points on his debut and having a highest finish to date of 7th in Hungary.

Anyway, as to my moan. At the pre-race interviews at Spa di Resta complained that he only qualified 18th as the team called him in telling him he was "safe" to get into Q2. Can someone explain why the drivers don't argue with their teams in these situations? He must have seen the track was drying and the grip improving so why doesn't he "grow a pair" and tell them he wants to carry on? It's all too easy to abdicate responsibilty, you're in the car mate, tell them what you think.

And relax...

RasputinLives How often will Button get a chance to drive for Ferrari ? Not many more which I am sure he would love against Kimi

- Even if Alonso had just left Mclaren especially under ROn does not put rookies in their car

-There are not many superstars Ferrari could sign to replace Alonso

RasputinLives Ron ran out of choices as he said at the time no one in the paddock impressed him enough to deserve the seat vacated by Montoya for 2007

Given what happened that season in 2007 I think Ron wanted someone less temperamental and not an unknown rookie who could potentially break the team again. For 2008 they wanted someone who has proven himself at the front but is also not going to rock the boat like Alonso

Ron did not want a repeat episode of Andretti's disastrous rookie season either

---------------

Does Di Resta deserve an F1 seat - Yes !

Does Di Resta deserve a top drive seat - ?????

You sound like his manager trying to convince people to take him on. I'm not even sure he's shown enough to warrent keeping a drive that'll own move up to a bigger team.

RasputinLives Well its seems the car is to blame and that is evident seeing this is the team that did the reverse tyres and since Silverstone has not found a way to move forward

His prospects would have looked a lot better if he finished in Singapore now
---------------------------------

His situation kinda reminds me of Mark Webber who thought Jaguar just simply was not good enough for him and he felt he warranted a drive with the big boys

so he had Williams and Renault and chose Williams and was making noises he was ready to fight competitively in the big league and show what he can do but not only was he outraced by last minute Button replacement Heidfeld and also initially Pizzonia who he tried to bully at Jaguar.

Webber somehow ended up with the drive at Red Bull even though his time at Williams did not warrant it but he had that swindler Flavio Briatore
--------------------

Di Resta does not have someone like Briatore to promote him into another drive even if he does not deserve it

The Force India dropping off the pace hasn't helped but Di Resta has binned it all by himself on several occasions and blamed the team at every possible opportunity. He still hasn't put together a completely convincing season and his only saving grace is that he'll probably beat his team mate (who has been equally unconvincing at times) for the first time this year.

I don't see why any top team would want him at the moment, he's got work to do to keep his current seat rather than knocking on the door of a promotion.

sushifiesta Kinda reminds me of Mansell who Peter Warr thought was a total dick blaming everything on the car all the time and did not rate him

Problem with Di Resta he does not really want to be at Force India unless the team convince him they are seriously going for the drivers championship ...:whistle:

Anyone following the Anthony Hamilton sueing Paul for unfair dismissal trial (he was PDR's manager). Its getting tasty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ges-case-disappeared.html?ico=sport^headlines
screenshot.24.jpg

you know that is his only to get back into F1 by winning DTM and hopefully one of the Merc powered drivers has a terrible season and get pushed by Mercedes back in

Supposedly Di Resta is going to be "Mercedes " F1 team reserve driver according to this snippet
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112206

RasputinLives

Back in the mid 90s DTM was suppose to be the route into F1 as sought by Fisichella and Magnussen when driving for Alfa and Mercedes respectively

Mercedes also were pushing hard for Bernd Schneider to be in F1 at the time especially into Sauber who they were backing then when Wendlinger had his accident

----------------------

Off course that would mean he is put ahead of Sam Bird then according to Mercedes. Di Resta's single seater has been associated with Mercedes so unless Ferrari decide they want him or Grosjean decides he does not want any of the :censored: at Lotus then I can only see Di Resta getting back into F1 somehow with Mercedes involved

Back
Top Bottom