Poll Out of Ten - 2014 Spanish Grand Prix

2014 Spanish Grand Prix Out of Ten

• Total voters
I would have thought that it would be better to have a good working relationship with your right arm during a race and outside of the race for that matter, and then of course there is something called good old common decency and respect, how can you work with someone who is telling you to shut up one minute and then saying in a terse tone where have you been for the last two laps man, the next, I know Ross Brawn got pissed off with it.

Then of course he could simply ask for what information he wants when he wants it instead of expecting his race engineer to be a mind reader and berate him when in his view he gets it wrong, my dad used to be like that and it used to piss me right off.

Last edited:
This and Bahrain were two races where I was stood up in front of the TV and tapping my leg like Christian Horner whilst shouting and clapping my hands and biting my fist at points. I gave it a 7 because the field was so spread but for the championship battle and the best of the rest, this was a great race.

Trying to crack my knuckles throughout the entire race, which is something I never do.

Gave it an 9.............:1st::1st: :1st::1st:

A simple 6 ... watching Vettel carve his way through the field most of the race had this one mailed in as a 4 ... then the last seven or eight laps watching 1-2; 6-7 and then 4-5 dicing it out got me going ...

Driver of the day = Seb Vettel ... he made it look easy ... on a track where overtaking is no mas ...

6 for me.
I was hoping for more of a fight between the Mercedes cars.
Seb impressed me with a very good drive but overall a rather dull race, I counted 4 of my family snoring at one point!
On the bright side it wasn't spoilt by steward decisions or safety cars.

Normal for Catalunya, 4.

Credit to the producer for maintaining some level of entertainment via team radio.

A race that would have been FAR better as 30 minute highlights, though pleasingly tense at the end. Also, points off for the appalling TV direction - managed to miss so many bits of action even when nothing else was going on, and kept cutting away from the interesting bits. Grrr. 5.

5. Had Rosberg caught Hamilton even five laps from the finish there might have been some tension. As it was the result was clear well before the end.

What else was there? Alonso overtaking Raikkonen? Bottas dropping back? Ricciardi having a lonely afternoon?

At the end of the race there was not even the result board, didn't know who had finished where and by how much. Simply not good enough F1.

4. I am getting extremely tired of seemingly watching 2 F1 cars vs a grid full of F2s. So far, this is the most boring season I have ever seen in the 50 years I have been following F1. If someone other than a Merc doesn't win at Monaco, I won't bother watching any more races this year, as they are proving absolutely nothing.

Do you know what siffert_fan I am rapidly coming to the same conclusion, at this rate the only people who enjoy watching this farce will be Lewis Hamilton fans, so far this season has been totally pointless and a total sham of what the sport should be about..

Last edited:
Once again the Mercedes drivers are delivering what RBR failed to do for years and we're getting good racing at the front. Unless you're biased against one or the other its truly nice to see teammates fighting each other hard for a race win. Having said that this race only garnered a 7 from me. There will certainly be fireworks from the Mercedes duo in the future and it could get real interesting.

KekeTheKing I don't want to see team mates battling it out alone and truly that isn't even the case this year is it, Bahrain was close only due to a safety car, Spain was only close due to pit stop manipulation and if it hadn't have been for a mechanical fault Lewis would have won five out of five races so how the **** is that a team mate battle? I want to see teams battling out not just team mates which is what the sport is supposed to be about and this season just ain't doin' it for me and many others by the sound of it, so no matter how you try and butter it up it just isn't happening, is it...

And even if the team mate thing was real I would still think it was shit, if I wanted to see a man on man fight I'd watch boxing or some other one on one sport such as tennis or ping pong not F1 I think Boris Johnson called it Whiff Whaff which seems to be a very apt description of formula one at the moment....

Last edited:
Sometimes it works out this way Meph. Certainly not the first time we've seen it in F1. All the bitching and moaning in the world won't change it.

Although if somehow it does change then I'm sure you'll find something else to carry on about incessantly.

Well said teabagyokel but I'm not so sure that the driver battle is quite as clear cut as the constructor's one, which is already well and truly decided.

And Mephistopheles yes, I will happily admit that I am both a fan of Lewis Hamilton and am happy with F1 at the moment. But as someone who came through the Schumacher years, never liking either him or his team, with my love of the sport more or less intact, I feel that I am entitled to be.

It's a shame that the other teams can't compete with Mercedes at the moment, but that's the way sport is unless you want a spec formula, and it is neither their (Mercedes) fault or their drivers'. And I'm sure that the likes of RBR will get closer as the season progresses, so I haven't completely given up hope of some stiffer competition.

having said all that, Sunday's race was far from a classic (although for me, the competition between Hamilton and Rosberg was far more real that some here would have us believe) so I give it a 6.

Last edited:
4. I am getting extremely tired of seemingly watching 2 F1 cars vs a grid full of F2s. So far, this is the most boring season I have ever seen in the 50 years I have been following F1. If someone other than a Merc doesn't win at Monaco, I won't bother watching any more races this year, as they are proving absolutely nothing.

Well where have you been for the past 4years!. Remember when Redbull used to do one run in Q3 and parked up to watch the rest of the grid fight over the scraps..

Re-FOm Coverage. It was terrible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom