Poll Out of ten - 2012 Singapore Grand Prix

2012 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
I feel a bit bad giving it a 7 now. The first half was bloody awful but the second half was much better. I loved the exasperated "what happend" on the Mercedes team radio. The couple of on a wing overtakes were cool as well. If the first half could have been as lively it would have been great. Thank god the second half wasn't as dull.

A four from me. Utterly tedious on the most part, Lewis dropping out was a real downer, but there were a few charges, Felipe was one that I quite enjoyed, and there were a few others, even if they did end up in contact and retirements.

The crowning moment for me was Schumachers engineer on the pit radio "What happened there?"

The best part was that we saw quite a bit of drivers who were not in the leading places, unfortunately they were mainly line astern. I wrote before the race that this is a lousy circuit, I didn't see any reason to change that view. So I'll give it 5 for the drivers, they did drive their hearts out and even supplied the odd overtake, and 0 for the circuit.

I only think it is worth a 5... it is hard to get excited about the 2nd through 6th all making sure they were 1.5 to 2.5 seconds behind each other and managing their tyres... I could have given it a 6 if Schumacher hadn't said sorry to JEV...

I was out of the country and didn't get home until 11.45pm Monday night so watched the highlights then as I had to be up early for work and couldn't stand not knowing. Highlights were painful, as was the commentary (I'm sorry I'm a Sky fan) however having read some of the comments it seems like I picked the perfect weekend to miss it. Can't give it a score this week.

Back
Top Bottom