On this day/old race discussions

what a race that was i saw it all the way through during lockdown, absolutely brilliant. i think should be law to soak the circuit before every Monaco GP

8 years ago today. Jules Bianchi finishes 9th in the Marussia at Monaco
051306BB-6853-4720-9C5A-CAA932996378.png

Richard Williams in the Guardian Wrote
"The stewards' ruling confirmed the belief of most observers than he had feigned a loss of control, halting his Ferrari on the track and stalling its engine in order to impede the efforts of rivals who were making a last effort to displace him from pole position, His reputation, however, lies in ruins. When Schumacher protested his innocence at the subsequent press conference, he looked out into a sea of faces ranging from the sceptical to the derisively disbelieving."

Schumacher gave a less than convincing defence. "I have to admit that certain things must have looked a bit curious from the outside but there were reasons for that and I don't really want to elaborate on it. It's not really anyone else's business even."

i remember murray walker commentary on the classic F1

"Nigel Mansell has only a few corners to go, he could literally coast home ... he's taking the hairpin very slowly... HE'S STOPPING!!"

Mansell said "It is almost unbelievable. I went into the hairpin changed down from fifth to fourth, like I had done the previous 68 laps, and then it went to neutral and the engine cut almost simultaneously, like there was an electrical failure. "It just stopped, it was as simple as that. When you are that far in front and have driven a fantastic race, like I think I did, there really is nothing to say except we’ll have to try again. Up to that point I had had no problems at all."

Piquet "When I saw him, I couldn’t believe it. It was very, very good, very lucky," said the Brazilian, before adding: "I don’t feel sorry for nobody."

. I went into the hairpin changed down from fifth to fourth, like I had done the previous 68 laps, and then it went to neutral and the engine cut almost simultaneously, like there was an electrical failure. "It just stopped, it was as simple as that.
Because, while enjoying his last lap he was waving to the crowd and he allowed the revs to drop such there wasn't enough juice to run the hydraulic pump.

Back
Top Bottom