Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Its worth pointing out that the season ended over 5 weeks ago and most people have moved on.

As I said above, you can put whatever reason on Rosberg's championship you like. The facts remain that at the end of the season he had the most points.

This does not make Hamilton any less of a great driver.

Move on.

Where Rosberg lost 10 points due to being shunted by Vettel instead of fighting with Hamilton.
Oh come on! So Rosberg had a racing incident with Vettel and lost ten points. That's a laughable comparison to what Hamilton lost through technical problems.
  • An ERS failure at the start of qualifying in China, relegating him to 22nd on the grid. He finished seventh.
  • An ERS failure during Q3 in Russia, restricting the Mercedes driver to 10th on the grid. He finished second.
  • An engine mode issue during the European GP. He finished fifth having started in 10th following a crash in qualifying.
  • A hydraulics fault during Practice Two in Singapore which was cited as a critical factor in his defeat to Rosberg. He finished third.
  • An engine blow-out in Malaysia which cost him an almost-certain victory.
  • Spa, and starting at the back due to taking new engines.
Non of those are racing incidents with other drivers, they are all technical issues.

" There is, of course, no way of determining how many points Hamilton's 'bad luck' has cost. But it could be reasonably argued that it has denied him at least 40 points this year - 12 in China, when Mercedes were a class above the rest, 25 in Sepang, and ten in Belgium when Hamilton was relegated to the back of the grid after Mercedes introduced fresh power units to compensate for his early-season failures."
............Sky sports words not mine, and it's shows that the championship absolutely did not hinge only on Malaysia. That was one race, Hamilton's issues were over several races.

Rosberg is the champion and I'm fine with that, but to say he isn't a very lucky boy is to deny the facts.

racecub do you know which Merc staff swapped between Hamilton and Rosberg last year? You seem well versed in it and I can't find the information anywhere. It's really bugging me.

In the final race of the 1964 season, Jim Clark, Graham Hill and John Surtees could all win the title.

Hill and Lorenzo Bandini, Surtees Ferrari team mate had a coming together which meant Clark could take the title. Unfortunately Clark's engine seized with one lap to go handing the title to Hill if the positions of Bandini and Surtees remained the same.

Unfortunately for Hill, Ferrari frantically ordered Bandini to let Surtees through and it was enough to clinch the title.

Until he passed Bandini for second place on the last lap, at no stage that season had Surtees even lead the World Championship.

Jim Clark won his second title in staggeringly dominant fashion the following year and Graham Hill won his second title in 1968.

John Surtees is still the only man to have won the premier class of World Championship on two and four wheels.

In 52 years time the record books will still show the same facts and a few pages on will list Nico Rosberg as the 2016 world champion.

Back
Top Bottom