Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

When all is said and done the Mercedes team won't be able to get the genie back in the bottle now. The team dynamic is going to be ugly for the rest of the season. What performance effects that could have remains to be seen.
And the show will be all the better for it, and it is great to see all the Lewis fans getting their knickers in a bunch over an incident they wouldn't have looked at twice if it wasn't him involved also people saying they stopped watching once it happened just goes to show they are not F1 fans at all they are just watching to see their fav' win...

Last edited:
I must say, deciding to not avoid a collision is just as bad as causing the collision, and I think Nico's comments back up about how he didn't just back off, it's just as dangerous and should be penalised.
EDIT: Actually, I've changed my mind, failing to avoid a collision basically is causing a collision

Last edited:
I must say, deciding to not avoid a collision is just as bad as causing the collision, and I think Nico's comments back up about how he didn't just back off, it's just as dangerous and should be penalised.
EDIT: Actually, I've changed my mind, failing to avoid a collision basically is causing a collision
so the bloke with the biggest balls wins, I like that...

so the bloke with the biggest balls wins, I like that...

Yes that's the way it would be if we were watching Demolition Derby but the last time I looked we were watching F1.

Those that think this incident was Hamilton's fault are delusional. Unless you are at least along side the driver (that means level) the defending driver has the right to hold his line and the attacking driver should back off or leave the track. This is what Hamilton had to do during the opening laps in Canada against Rosberg and we didn't hear him complaining about it afterwards either.
Rosberg seems to think if he gets his nose along side a drivers rear wheels mid corner, it gives him the right to room on the track....he is wrong.
I wouldn't like to see Rosberg get a penalty now, that should have happened during the race. Mercedes may take some form of action but unless they remove Rosberg for a race, whatever they do it is likely to help Rosberg's chances of winning the championship.
This incident now confirms that Rosberg will do anything when Hamilton beats him fair and square on the track. For that reason Monaco needs to be seen for what it was - a deliberate action.

Bullet190 Good point about Canada. I remember at the start, Lewis had to jump out of the way to avoid contact with Nico - Had he not, an accident like yesterday would have happened. I'm going to see if I can find that one from Canada.

And in that case, Rosberg was a little naughty; it does look like he couldn't do much about it, but it was a rather desperate move from Rosberg! But again, as with Spa It was a racing incident.

. Unless you are at least along side the driver (that means level) the defending driver has the right to hold his line and the attacking driver should back off or leave the track. This is what Hamilton had to do during the opening laps in Canada against Rosberg and we didn't hear him complaining about it afterwards either.
Rosberg seems to think if he gets his nose along side a drivers rear wheels mid corner, it gives him the right to room on the track....he is wrong.

The standard in F1 has always been that if a driver has his wheels alongside the driver in front's rear wheels, then they should give them space. (I.e. An overlap)

Whenever you have an overtake in F1, both drivers need to give a little to the other. (Especially on a right-left chicane)

The overtaking driver cannot simply sweep to the apex, but similarly the defending driver can't go flat out towards the outside of the corner on the exit. In either case a racing incident can occur....

Having had an evening to cogitate and digest all the reports, comments and opinions flying about over this, I have come to a simple conclusion:

What happened at Les Combes on lap 2 was a racing incident. What has happened since the end of the race has been pathetic, from all parties.

From EJ's wincingly obvious playing-up of the booing on the podium, to Toto & Niki's heated comments immediately after the finish, Nico's sulky "confession", and Lewis stirring the poo by going public about a private meeting, it all smacks of a classic playground tussle blown up to ludicrous proportions. Not one of the parties involved has conducted himself in an adult and appropriate manner, and it has placed a rather unsavoury odour over what (until now) has been a pretty good season.

I honestly cannot see where Mercedes can go from here- it would appear the breakdown in trust is complete between the drivers and the team management.

Doesn't half make for some compelling viewing though- which was exactly the effect that his Eccleship wanted (and probably why that feckin' eejit carried on the way he did on the podium, to stoke up "da show").

:goodday:

Sorry, don't know how to quote from one thread to another, so copy and paste:

"A couple more:

Mercedes will implode now Ross Brawn has gone."

Last edited:
By definition, you cannot have a racing incident if one driver makes a conscious decision to initiate the contact. Whether or not you want to parse every single word from each party about what happened behind closed doors, one unassailable fact remain, Nico Rosberg positioned his car with a purpose, and if the purpose wasn't to avoid an accident, it was to cause one.

Back
Top Bottom