Nico Punished

I know but I watch F1 for the racing and all "Incidents." are equally important to me, be it front, midfield or back of the field I don't differentiate in that respect.:)

So do I! Yet I was surprised the Rosberg/Hamilton incident wasn't even investigated as similar incidents between back markers are,

Last edited:
Clipped wings aren't normally investigated are they? The only bit that made this special was the puncture which surely was just seriously unlucky.

People called out for more lenient stewarding as JB said, you can't have it both ways. I for one am much happier with the closer racing. As KMag found out though, there is a line.

The drivers have requested that the FIA should be more lenient and allow them to race. The FIA considered their request and in light of the cars being safer they have conceded to this request. But the problem is these rules were not stiffened on safety grounds they were stiffened on competition grounds. Drivers (I don't think I have to name names) were taking it upon themselves to decide championships and championship positions by using their cars as crash barriers. The current crop of drivers have not fully appreciated and the FIA forgotten the lessons learned during the 90's and the noughties.

Well Said.....:D
I have decided not to go any further down this path because it is ancient history and it will throw the thread off topic which is against the rules of the forum but feel free to start a new thread on the subject and I will be more than happy to give you my two penneth worth...

Last edited:
Looking at the Papers this morning, there are rumours that Nico's punishment was served on lap 29 at turn 1 of the Italian Grand Prix, when he used the escape road to gift Lewis Hamilton the lead & he never challenged Lewis for the remainder of the race.

Must admit I did find the result convenient, then again could you imagine Tony Ross saying to Nico on the radio "Lewis is faster than you, can you confirm you understand that message?"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-teammate-Nico-Rosberg-Mercedes-one-two.html

I can't imagine that Lewis would accept just 7 points in payment for the 18 that Nico pulled on him in Belgium. So can we expect to see Nico concede another 2 race wins? That would be remarkably magnanimous for guy that has previously demonstrated a disconcerting desire to win at all cost.

Well, Toto did suggest that one driver might have to concede his race seat at the end of the season. Maybe, it is a way of sorting the man from the boy!? :)

It's all about creating readership with dramatic headlines. Daily mail are one of the worst for doing so but all newspapers are guilty. Even in the online world the same tactic is used to gain clicks on a page. Autosport.com are the ones more likely to employ such tactics although all news sources want you to be reading on their page and not somewhere else.

This is just a nothing story trying to make news from rumours.

Drivers had been struggling the whole weekend with that 1st turn in all sessions and all formulae all the way down to GP3. Cooler tyres and brakes plus the additional pressure of Hamilton closing at incredible rate forced the mistake. Nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Sorry ATL11 anything quoted from the daily mail can't be taken as anything but idle gossip.
Okay something a little more respectable from the Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-stewart-questions-record-monza-grand-prix-f1

Did watch the Sky Sports Grand Prix report after the Grand Prix Monday evening & it mentioned Toto's wry smile, at the time of incident and then when asked Toto's response was he'll have to be aware that the media are watching his ever move.

And there I was thinking that Nico had stolen
But It isn't just 7 points is it, it is a net adjustment of 14 points as Lewis gains 7 and Nico loses 7 and anyway I don't believe that Spa was intentional and I don't believe that Nico gave Lewis the win to make up for it.

Dictionary
And there I was thinking Nico had stolen 18 points from Lewis when in fact it was 32!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom