New F1 movie

mjo

Procrastinating
Contributor
According to F1 Racing, Ron Howard has shot preliminary shots at the Nordschleife of Rush. This film is about James Hunt and Niki Lauda's epic 1976 season, with maybe Russel Crowe joining in the film. According to the film's producer, there will be 'imaginative camera work' and 'exciting photography'. Apparently this film has a 'really big budget' so, if done right, this film should be a cracker.! Definitely one to watch. Production work is due to end in April, but no date has been set for a release.

Is Crowe going to be Lauda or Hunt? Can't see him fitting either role!

Although I'm a bit put off by Richie from Happy Days directing the thing it sounds like it might be worth seeing - has to be better than the last Hollywood movie about single seater racing - Sly Stalone's Driven was truly awful!

Is Crowe going to be Lauda or Hunt? Can't see him fitting either role!

Although I'm a bit put off by Richie from Happy Days directing the thing it sounds like it might be worth seeing - has to be better than the last Hollywood movie about single seater racing - Sly Stalone's Driven was truly awful!
Apparently Crowe -
220px-RussellCroweOct05.jpg
is playing Richard Burton - the man who Suzy Hunt left James for.

James Hunt is expected to be played by Chris Hemsworth (from Thor) -
220px-ChrisHemsworthApr2011.jpg

And Niki Lauda by Daniel Bruhl (from Inglorious Basterds) -
220px-Liebeingedanken_02.jpg

That sounds pretty good casting actually so bring it on.

Hope we get a realisitc pic of James Hunt though rather than a watered down one. I guess that depends on any objections his surviving family might have.

Crowe plays Richard Burton :o Let's hope he makes a bit more of an effort with his Welsh accent than he did with his East Midlands one in Robin Hood. They could always get Rob Brydon to do a voice over LOL

Uhhh, I dunno, the sound of an F1 movie just makes me think of ‘days of thunder’ or something with Stallone in it. It will either be really good… or really really bad.

Why has it got to be about James Hunt I couldn't stand the bloke. (My least favourite world champion bar none and he's up against some pretty stiff competition in that respect.) anyway I've heard loads of rumours about F1 movies and not one of them has come to anything.

I think its because of the story of Lauda's comeback and the rivalry of the two. Seeing as there is already a Senna film, they couldn't really do a Senna/Prost one.

If you were going to make a film about an F1 season, you'd probably choose between 1958 or 1994 (tragedy), 1986 or 2007 (comedy) or 1976 (both).

We might have to wait a while for the definitive film of 2007.

It'd be difficult to decide on the 2003 movie though, there's a few options...

1. They said he'd never be as good as his brother. They were right! He is... Ralf!
  2. Winning isn't everything. Finishing second repeatedly could well be! Kimi: The Movie!
  3. Sometimes you need one last moment of glory. Eddie's Brazilian Adventure!
  4. It was his home. It was his idea. Then Jenson Button turned up! Jacques at the edge of despair!
  5. See the true story from the few people who noticed and cared. Nicola Kiesa: the people's irrelevance!
  6. Sometimes your life goes bad in a single lap. Every other week. David's Tale!
  7. One rain shower. And his life changed. Montoya. Juan tragic day.

And many more...

Back
Top Bottom