New "best threads" archive

Which is the best name for the new forum?

• The Best of CTA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clip the Archives

• Sunday best (best threads!!)

• Clipped from the Apex

• Total voters

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
We're going to create a new forum for threads which deserve to be preserved due to the initial post, the responses or a combination of both.
They'll be moved to a new archive forum to stop them being lost in the depths of the site.
The threads will remain open as normal so members can continue posting on them if they wish.

Members won't be able to start new threads in this forum; only existing threads deemed worthy will be moved there.

This is an idea that has been mooted for some time due to some of the excellent posts made over the last 2 years but the final catalyst was cider_and_toast's excellent The One Hit Wonders which was then backed up by teabagyokel's The First Of The Losers.

We're still trying to think of an appropriate name for the forum but in the meantime, if anyone would like to suggest a thread, please post here.

So far these have been selected:
The One Hit Wonders
The First Of The Losers

Other possible threads are:
The Decline and Fall of Once Great Drivers
Lewis Hamilton's driving
Lewis Hamilton: Racer or reckless?

It's also hoped that by moving these threads to a new forum, they will receive a new lease of life from members who may have missed them the first time around.

I'm sure everyone can recall a thread which is worthy of being considered for inclusion in the archive so please nominate away.

The new forum has been created.

It has been imaginatively named The Best of CTA

If anyone has a better suggestion then please say.

Don't forget to nominate threads.

If it turns out that threads from other forums are suggested then we can move it out of the F1 forum and into the main category along with General Motorsport and The Grandstand.

cosicave said: The Best of CTA works. But would CTA's best Archives be more descriptive?

More creatively, how about Clip the Archives?

Yes, I was thinking about using the word 'Clip', but couldn't think of anything snappy. But your idea spurred me on, so as another alternative, how about:

Clip the A List?

A very good choice, Bro, if I may say so. But wouldn't want to pre-empt your decision

If/when we get a few more suggestions I'll stick a poll up and that way it's "the people's choice".

I have to say though, that's an inspired suggestion c_a_t; sorry jen...

Brogan said:
If/when we get a few more suggestions I'll stick a poll up and that way it's "the people's choice".

I have to say though, that's an inspired suggestion c_a_t; sorry jen...

I'll go with the flow but "Brazilian" has connotations for me :embarrassed:

Back
Top Bottom