Things ... Musical chairs (2017-2018 Silly Season)

Il_leone it why im sure Williams are after perez.

yeah sorry RasputinLives shouldve wrote at least 25 but that would be brilliant even more harsh than williams in 1996 'i know you won the title but your 26 so off". but yes from i know force india get ocon engines either heavily discounted or for free

I'm sure Wehrlein is hoping Perez signs for Williams because it would mean he'd get the Force India drive (Force India have actually said as much) but personally I can't see Perez being a good fit at Williams. They've invested time in Lance Stroll and want an experience team mate to act as a mentor and help guide him. A team player. That certainly does not appear on Perez's CV (or Wehrleins for that matter!). That's why I think it will be Massa.

However if it does happen and Wehrlein goes to Force India it could be fun as him and Ocon really do not get on!

Well his dad made his F1 debut for Williams and managed to qualify a whole 2.5 seconds behind his team mate so it would definitely keep it in the family.

It would not be the end for Williams. They've come through worse pairings. Maldonado/Senna was hardly sparkling.

Williams are a midfield team and until they get their own engine supplier will remain so. I doubt a Stroll / Palmer pairing will 'end them'

True, $trolls and £almers dad do have bags of money. ;) That'll keep them going just like the money of Maldonado and $enna did.

Edit: It kind of lent itself to make this joke, although it's getting old.

Last edited:
RasputinLives
Williams got cheaper engines for Bottas to be released and probably would have gotten a better deal if they had Wehrlein who Williams do not seem to want

As a team boss of Force India would not you use that as a negotiating tool that you will place their driver if you get assistance with parts or a cheaper engine even if it is a smaller fraction cheaper otherwise why would you want to hire that driver unless he is someone special

---------------------------------

By sheer coincidence I suggested Palmer could still be someone that Williams go for yesterday because he does seem to bring sponsors and is just 26 years old so there is still time for him to improve... its got to be better than Felipe Massa who Williams would have to replace the following season anyway unless he gets buried by Lance Stroll in 2018 badly to be forced to go

Di Resta still has Mercedes connections to help him get another crack at F1 although probably not as strong as when he had Norbert Haug backing him so if there is a chance apparently he is still an outsider at Williams.

I really hope Williams do not re-sign Massa

I do not think Perez will go to Williams because he is with the 4th best team on the grid and apart from Renault or Mclaren the other choices are not as promising for him then if he still holds out for a drive at Ferrari

Wehrlein and Ocon - will if Force India thought this year was difficult then they will have some serious fireworks between those two judging by their time at Manor and already at each other vying to be the golden boy of Mercedes future but it might be a situation they will be forced into if Perez' sponsors decided to seek their fortunes elsewhere which does not seem so.

The other candidate being talked about at Williams is Kubica but his race fitness levels has not been tested so it would be a a serious risk

Williams this season are very fortunate that Mclaren and Renault haven't done as well as they should on paper . Suggestion is Alonso is going to delay his re-signing to Mclaren surely this late to get into Williams seems bonkers?

According to the Sun if you believe it

Alonso has not committed to Mclaren yet whilst it is likely he will probably stay for 2018 he wont make the same mistake of 3 year contract straight with no break clause like the current one. Apparently Flavio is involved in the negotiations:o. I was thinking if Alonso does not sign or commit who would Mclaren pick since Norris is deemed too young at the moment and Button does not seem interested coming back?

Seeing developments at Renault with Sainz signed for them I was thinking would Mclaren consider Oliver Rowland given he is Renault backed driver and someone Mclaren worked with previously this might make all parties happy. Do Renault have that influence ?

Back
Top Bottom