Motorsports Calendar, 17-19 Sept. 2010

Matthew Little

Points Scorer
With the leaves starting to turn and the weather starting to cool, various championships are now beginning to stretch runs...........so let's Clip the Apex and see just what's on tap this weekend. :)

~~~NASCAR Sprint Cup Series: Sylvania 300, New Hampshire Motor Speedway--Loudon, N.H.(1-mile flat-banked oval)
~~~NHRA Drag Racing: 3rd Annual O'Reilly Carolina Nationals, ZMax Dragway--Concord, N.C.
~~~FIA GT World Championship: Round 7--Algarve Circuit, Portimao, Portugal(2.905-mile road course)
~~~IZOD IndyCar Series: Bridgestone Indy Japan 300, Twin Ring Motegi--Motegi, Japan(1.5-mile Darlington-shaped oval)
~~~2010 World Touring Car Championship: Round 9[races 17-18], Circuit Ricardo Tormo--Valencia, Spain(2.517-mile road course)
~~~2010 British Touring Car Championship: Round 9[races 25-27], Donington Park--Leicestershire, England(2.5-mile road course)
~~~DTM/German Touring Car: Round 8--Oschersleben Circuit, Oschesleben, Germany(2.292-mile natural terrain road course)

Several support races grace the weekend calendar as well...........
~~NASCAR Camping World Truck Series: New Hampshire Motor Speedway
~~NASCAR Nationwide Series: New Hampshire Motor Speedway
~~FIA Formula 2 Series: Ricardo Tormo Circuit
~~Renault World Series: Silverstone Circuit

As always, check your local listings for exact times/dates and as always, feel free to mention any events that managed to 'clip the apex' and not make the weekend calendar. :D :goodday:

Galahad said:
Thanks Matt :thumbsup:

This weekend also sees the Goodwood Revival Meeting, one of the biggest gatherings of historic cars, motorcycles, aircraft and, er, clothes!

Unfortunately tickets are sold out, but you can keep up with the flavour via the website:
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/welcome.aspx

Thanks, Galahad!
I forgot about the Revival; Speed Channel usually broadcasts' it during the off-season but most years there's a mention of it on the Speed Report....... 8-)

Seeing as I've got more hope where I currently am of seeing a squadron of tutu wearing pigs do a formation fly past and acrobatic display than I have of seeing the BTCC championship if someone could let us know how it goes that would be great.

Matthew Little said:
I knew I forgot something............. :embarrassed:

Ha LOL no worries - Just watched the first Moto race (125s) from the brand new Aragon circuit, not too bad for a Tilke design and has a series of downhill turns called "The corkscrew" - wonder how he thought of that one ;) and a stunning last lap/last turn lunge for 1st from Pol Espargaro.

Back
Top Bottom