Motorsport on TV.

Tonight on BBC4 at 10-50pm 'The Deadliest Crash': the Le Mans 1955 disaster
Documentary about the 1955 Le Mans 24-hour race in which Pierre Levegh's Mercedes went into the crowd killing 83 and injuring 120, the worst disaster in motoring history.
This has been on TV before, it gives theories/answers ...re blame & myths about this tragedy.

Having watched this, and in no way do I mean to sound derogatory, but it's no wonder why there is a dearth of Americans on the F1 grid, you teach them to race ovals, they're going to race ovals.

I did a search but couldn't find any results, so apologies if this has been discussed before but has anyone been watching the F1 legends series on Sky F1? It's great for insight into champions discussing their careers, I love John Surtees' "shed"

Saturday 29th December BBC! at 1pm. Formula 1: What a year.
'Jake Humphrey, Eddie Jordan & David Coulthard look back at one of the most unpredictable seasons ever.Records were broken, as seven different drivers won the first 7 races.'

Sunday January 6th BBC2 10pm--11pm Speed Dreams: The Fastest Place on Earth.
'Following a group of British amateur engineers who descend upon Bonneville, Utah with their vehicles, hoping to join an elite group: the fastest men on earth.'

ITV4/Freeview Ch24
Tonight at 8pm.........Silverstone Classic 2013
'All the Action from the Classic event, track action from old school sports cars, F1 & touring cars.
featuring thrilling pre- 1966 F1 race'...

Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans - track it down if you can find it. Dempsey may not be an actor in the McQueen/Newman league but he's not a bad racing driver. It's also a fascinating insight into how motor racing works and the pressures drivers and the team members are under.

Heads up!!! ITV4 tonight at 8pm (ITV4+1 at 9pm) - Touring Car Legends

The first part of a three part series starts this evening. Part one explores the early history of the BTCC and its birth in 1957.

Back
Top Bottom