MotoGP MotoGP Tragedy - R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli

Still finding it hard to believe. I was just about to start settng up the iplayer to watch the race when I received a tearful phone call from my girlfriend, informing me he'd been killed. Took a few seconds to register...

RIP Marco

He would have definitely started to seriously threaten the very top positions next year, no doubt about that at all...

Saw this live yesterday morning. Just terrible, I felt sick to my stomach as soon as the crash happened and I saw him laying helmet-less and lifeless on the floor. I had a feeling it would be very very bad. Condolences to his family and friends, and a mention to Colin Edwards and Val Rossi, I can't imagine how they must be feeling today, even though there was absolutely nothing either of them could do about it.

I was personally a huge fan of his, he was my favourite in the sport apart from Rossi, so I'm feeling a bit sad today :no:

This crash highlights the safety problems with bikes, and it's one that can't be eliminated. The problem of a falling rider going straight into the path of others. It's not something that can be mitigated for, so tragedies like this, however rare, will always happen.

RickD, to answer your question, the reason he was at that funny angle is that he'd lost the bike in the corner, and, being a taller rider, was hanging off the side of it in order to try and push himself into the ground to prop the bike back up again. At least I think that's what he was doing. I've seen taller riders doing this before.

R.I.P Super Sic, Moto GP has lost one of it's brightest stars. Hope you're tearing up the big circuit in the sky! :heart:

I'm currently making a tribute video, will post it here when it's done

EDIT: Being annoyed by youtube as it won't let me log in, technical problems but the video is actually finished

Back
Top Bottom