MotoGP MotoGP Tragedy - R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
Looking very bad. The race has been cancelled. I don't want to pre-empt anything but this is very unusual and suggests that Simoncelli's injuries are very serious. He is in a critical condition after coming off and being collected by Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi as his bike spun back onto the track in their path.

An unfortunate reminder that motorcycle racing is still a very dangerous sport.:(

His helmet came off. Now the race cancelled. I have this horrid feeling inside. Please please be ok.......

Just heard race is cancelled because all medical stafff are working on marco and cannot suppot the race. Which is slighty more optimistic.

My condolences, thoughts and sympathy go to Marco's family, friends and the motorcycle racing fraternity. Rest in peace, Marco, you will be sorely missed.

Shocking! Just read it. He is the only reason I have watched a few races this year. My heart truly sank as I was hit with the news. RIP Marco.

Spare a thought fro Edwards & Rossi, I've no idea how they must be feeling right now. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them decides it's time to retire from racing after that.

Watched it live this morning, totally shocked. :( Marco was one of those few racers that was worth tuning into MotoGP for, the boy tried 110% all the time. Edwards and Rossi could have done nothing, it was unavoidable. I hope it doesn't effect them too much, especially Rossi as the 2 were great friends.
RIP Marco.

Back
Top Bottom