MotoGP MotoGP 2012 Season Race Discussion

Season-ending Valencia GP week-end today. Lorenzo can now go hell for leather in search of that win without having to worry about the points. Will have his work cut out though if that terrific qualifying lap of Pedrosa's is anything to by.

Or will Casey's swansong come with the winner's spot?

Stunning from Marques! Couldn't believe BBC cut coverage with about 4 laps left :o Gutted for Cal.and agreed Special, can't wait forRossi competitive again.

Great racing today in difficult conditions. I wish I could say the same for the coverage. Why oh why does the director insist in cutting away from action to give us slo-mo replays and shots of people on pit wall or just following or focussing on one rider at a time when the live timing tells us where the battles are. In the senior class we were down to one impending battle in the last third of the race and what did we get? Another replay of the start!

BUT, the worst sacrilege of the day was Auntie Beeb breaking off their Red Button coverage of Moto2 in the final throes of the best race of the day, telling peep's to go online. I'm okay, I had Eurosport on at the same time but what about the punters worse off than me whose PC's are slow or in the wrong room? We all pay the same bloomin' BBC license fee so a lot of people will have been greatly inconvenienced and I for one feel for them.

In the preview shows, there was a lot of talk about what bike sport needs to do to improve the show for the punters. Well, for the viewing public the first thing they need to deal with is getting it reliably on air for mass viewing Jo and Jane public and sort out the way the directors and producers show the races. I may be slightly nuts but I do think that we want to see the racing and the action not still photography, people looking gob-smacked or pee-ed off on pit wall or the audience. We are the audience and we want to actually see what that lot are seeing.

Sometimes what I write in:

.... is just too close for comfort.

P.S. Should the above be on the "Rant" thread or in Scrutineering? Mod's feel free to move.

I was one of the unfortunates watching on the BBC with my computer turned off. By the time it had fired up the race was over.
I was so furious I reported the BBC to OFCOM, not that it will make the slightest bit of difference. It was the lack of warning that really got me, just 5 minutes warning would have given people time to get to their computer although it shows an utter contempt for the poor buggers without a computer.
My old man has a thoery someone in the BBC is trying to undermine their coverage to drive people to pay channels...just a theory...
All 3 races epitomised the joy of motorbike racing with some cracking moves and magnificent rides through the field you just don't seem to get with the cars (without a handy safety car).
Gutted for Cal again & amazed Jorge walked away from that high-sider, I really thought he was going to hold it for a second.
congratulations to Danny for his second win of the season & done with style.
MotoGP is going to be thrilling next year (as long as we're allowed to see it) with the newbies moving up from Moto2 & Rossi going back to Yamaha. Can't wait!

BBC was SOOOO annoying. Where do you complain? because I'd like to. Why couldn't they put it on red button. Five minutes from the end! :o rubbish!! By the time id sorted out the computer id missed the overtake. No warning, nothing. >:( Getting more and more annoyed with BBC's attitude to Motorsport.

Back
Top Bottom