Moto GP 2017

Incubus

Champion Elect
Well the 2017 season is upon us and it's first blood to Vinales at the end of rain-disrupted Qatar GP weekend. Confirming his testing and practice form the new Yamaha recruitee intelligently bid his time to overcome the Dovester's obdurate resistance in the closing stages.

With the Doctor overcoming his earlier struggles to grab the final podium spot we are braced for a season that promises much in the way of ferocious competition if the opening race is anything to go by, although Lorenzo must now be in no doubt as to the size of the challenge that lay ahead in adapting to his new mount.

Brilliant season in prospect methinks.

Last edited:
I agree, this will be a great season and I wish Formula 1 would take a look at how to properly run a race. Remember how many different winners MotoGP had last season?

I agree, the Motogp season is promising great things.
The 'new kid on the block' doesn't look like a flash in the pan, Maverick seems the real deal although I did feel for Zarco when he crashed out.
I guess the first surprise of the year was quali being rained off in one of the driest bits of the world.
I watched the bikes after the F1 and it was chalk and cheese - no whinging riders moaning they couldn't pass, some great overtakes and some genuine 'how the hell did he get through that gap' moments.
Roll on the rest of the season and bring on Marquez vs Rossi vs Vinales and Lorenzo taming the Ducati.
If only Cal could keep his bike on the track more this year....ah, wishes....

Rossi is reported as having broken his leg in two place. Following an operation he said that he was feeling fine.

Since he is a motorcycle rider expect him to be back by the end of this month.

Unfortunately there are 3 races coming up over the next month or so so I'm afraid even a quick recovery will surely put an end to whatever slim hope he had of remaining in the title hunt.

Last night I watched the highlights of the Australian race. If there were racing like that in F1 every race would get an nine or above.

The V8 Supercar series is also amazing. I don't know why the Germans can't create a touring car series like that. Due to the aero overtaking is nearly just as, if not more, difficult than in F1.

Can we move over to MotoGP 2018 thread

Interesting start to quali in Qatar given we have 3 satellite riders in the top 5.. That is only good for MotoGP

Zarco being the only one not on this year's factory bike compared to Petrucci and Crutchlow who both outqualified their factory teammates

Ducati

Doviozo must be disappointed not be on the front row and only 5th but could feature in the race. He seems comfortable on the bike

Lorenzo - he is still missing 0.5 seconds from somewhere so not sure who is putting pressure on him and only just ahead of Miller who is on last year's bike

Yamaha

There must some serious head scratching that they are so much slower than Zarco.

Rossi - where did the pace go suddenly?
Vinales - what on earth has happened to him ? Last year he came here right on the pace and this year he is way off the pace

Honda

Marquez showed his class but I don;t think the bike suits the track at this moment

Pedrosa - up and down and seems slower than Crutchlow at this point. Does he really deserve his factory Honda ride ?

Haven't seen a MotoGP race for years, but Qatar was a treat. A train of 7 bikes battling up front throughout (4 makes, factory and independent), passing and repassing and visibly on the very edge of adhesion. Very enjoyable.

that is good for Moto GP to see different factory bikes and satellite bikes mixing it at the front, the regulations to control the electronics is helping

Now why can't F1 ever learn?

What nutcase... I’m talking about Marc Marquez.
I thought Cal would drop it like it’s hot, as he usually does, but he actually rode to the finish taking the win.

Unfortunately the Moto 3 coverage by Eurosport started near the end of the race due to Paris-Roubaix but it sounds like it was a good race. I thought that Moto 2 was the best race, go to 3 minutes in the video.

Marquez always has a tendency to arrogance, his antics deserved at least a one race suspension. Crutchlow failing to fall off was indeed a surprise, in fact he rode a well thought out race and deserved his win. It was damp so Lorenzo spent most of the race hanging round the back of the field; is he really that bad in wet weather?

Could someone please make the head honchos at Liberty watch videos of Moto GP 24 hours a day until it sinks in?

Marquez had an extremely strong qualifying session again. Now, an equally strong race must follow.
His brother is on pole too in Moto2.

An uncommonly boring race. Marquez rode away after Iannone’s attack. Then Viñales overtook Iannone for second and Crutchlow dropped his bike.

An abnormality I suppose, MotoGP is normally more exciting.

Lets hope Marquez does not run away with it because it appears the factory Yamahas are struggling and Ducati is blowing hot and cold depending on the track but Dovi is consistent but Lorenzo is still not there yet

Shame for Crutchlow he could have still lead the championship I hope he does not too many falls because top 5 this year is definitely on

Back
Top Bottom