Technical Maurizio Arrivabene has gone public

Mauritzio is clearly worried about this brave new world of Jean and Bernie calling the shots. Especially as Jean fired a warning shot recently about the use of Ferrari's veto.

What he fails to recognise however, is that this brave new world of collective agreement that he sees in Moto GP has never existed in F1 due to too much self interest and situations such as cough cough Ferrari's veto.

Last edited:
What he fails to recognise however, is that this brave new world of collective agreement that he sees in Moto GP

I was under the impression that the MotoGP rules existed pretty much to keep Honda happy.

Pubic taste must be taken into account I say.

Public taste largely supports the current status quo. Members of this forum who think otherwise are delusional about the fan survey.

F1 should be a technological arms race between the best manufacturers. If people want to see low tech cars racing each other with equal engines and equal chassis, there is always GP2 and F3.

Last edited:
When attendance and viewership numbers are falling like a wounded duck, how can you claim that the public supports the status quo?

At a time when things in MotoGP are turning to shit, due to their envy of F1's wealth making machinery, F1 is casting envious eyes on MotoGP's popularity. :facepalm:

The people I know who no longer fully watch F1 usually do so if the race is shown at a convenient time, i.e. finishing after 11 am and before 4 pm, they also do not want to pay to view; they say make the races worth watching and we will pay a reasonable amount.

The people I know who no longer fully watch F1 usually do so if the race is shown at a convenient time, i.e. finishing after 11 am and before 4 pm, they also do not want to pay to view; they say make the races worth watching and we will pay a reasonable amount.

The trouble with this "make the races worth watching" mindset is that it leads to fake sporting events like the world wrestling federation.

If you really want to optimize the entertainment, then you have to pay the drivers to race in a particular way, you have to tell them not to disappear in the distance but to tussle with each other and have passing. The guy in the front has to allow others to be passed. The best driver of the year has to not win too much, and will be paid/ordered to lose often enough to take the championship down to the wire.

That would be amazing entertainment. But it would not be a sport. It would be more like watching a racing movie like days of thunder.

F1 is a sport that requires a fair investment of time and commitment and there are races (quite a lot recently unfortunately) that aren't terribly exciting. Many people do seem to expect instant gratification these days too. I could absolutely see sometime in the future the likes of Bernie deciding to take F1 down the 'wrestling' route and trying to spice up the entertainment, rig the races etc. I hope this doesn't happen.

F1's problem is that it takes to much account of what the fans want, what the TV wants, what the public wants, What the team principles want, what the engine makers want etc etc. So what it ends up with is something that actually no one wants.

The FIA is too wishy washy. It needs to say "These are the rules. This is hows its going to be. If you don't like it sod off".

Back
Top Bottom