Massa - it was the tyres all the time

He must have picked up a few driving tips from Michael Schumacher in their Ferrari days, and suffered in the same way with last season's Bridgestone fronts as a result. Thankfully Pirelli have put things right, so we can look forward to lots of Massa/Schumacher podiums this season, eh? :whistle:

We'll find out soon enough if he is right, whether Ferrari will let him compete with Alonso though.............

Massa is a nice guy but this victimisation schtick is getting a bit tiresome. In :censored: of 19 races, including Hockenheim, Alonso was quicker. Ferrari are running a racing team, not a charity. Even then, they let Massa stay ahead in Melbourne.

If Felipe's problems really were with the tyres as he says, I look forward to seeing him competing more strongly with his team mate in 2011. I won't hold my breath though.

Fernando Alonso struggled to keep up with his team mate in 2007 for exactly the same reason. The tyres suited his teammate's driving style more than they did his, perhaps there is something in this? :thinking:
:nah:

But seriously for one moment, has there been many occasions when one teammate has been murdered one year, won out the next, then murdered again because of the characteristics of the car?
:thinking:

I really can't recall any, usually the younger guy/new guy comes along is slower, gets quicker and that's and end to it. Or he is straight away quicker and that's an end to it.
dunno.gif

Fernando Alonso struggled to keep up with his team mate in 2007 for exactly the same reason. The tyres suited his teammate's driving style more than they did his, perhaps there is something in this? :thinking::nah:
Well, in 2007, Alonso didn't actually struggle to keep up with his team-mate, he kept up fine for most of the season but let himself get angry and started making stupid moves attempting to beat Hamilton that ended with him in the gravel - see the start in Spain and in Canada.

I think both Schumacher and Massa are trying to gee themselves up, blaming the tyres so they can attempt to be confident with new ones. But, the tyres were the same for everyone...

But seriously for one moment, has there been many occasions when one teammate has been murdered one year, won out the next, then murdered again because of the characteristics of the car?
:thinking:

Could you make a case for Kubica vs. Heidfeld at BMW? I know Robert was very unhappy with the tyre characteristics of one of those cars - probably when they moved from Michelin to Bridgestone???

Well, in 2007, Alonso didn't actually struggle to keep up with his team-mate, he kept up fine for most of the season but let himself get angry and started making stupid moves attempting to beat Hamilton that ended with him in the gravel - see the start in Spain and in Canada.

But surely a two time WDC with 4 years+ experience in F1 should have blown away a rookie teammate?

He said and people speculated that it was the tyres and that Lewis didn't have as much adjusting to do coming from Bridgestones in GP2 as Fernando coming from Michelins.

There is Kubica/Heidfeld in 2007/08/09, but that was very marginal.

He said and people speculated that it was the tyres and that Lewis didn't have as much adjusting to do coming from Bridgestones in GP2 as Fernando coming from Michelins.

Lewis didn't have as much adjusting going from GP2 to F1 as Fernando did going from Renault (M) to McLaren (B). Give me a break! If Alonso really believes that he shouldn't have taken his six-tenths there...

I would imagine that he wouldn't want to tell the world that he'd been affected by his injuries in 09 otherwise serious questions would have been asked about weather it was safe for him to race.

DOF i do agree with you, im just saying that his injuries would have affected him to a degree but he wouldn't have said

Back
Top Bottom