Poll Lewis v Max where's your money

Lewis V Max

• Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Max Verstappen

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but its amazing how quick things change come into this off the back of Mercedes most dominant race of season on to Lewis Hamilton favourite track having won 5 of the 8. now red bull got pole & look stronger. if he doesnt win today it could easily slip away very quickly like it for Vettel in 2018?

Max wins thats 13pts going into mexico

Lewis engine penalty on track they always struggle at. even being generous finishing 4th from qualifying 8th/9th with a engine penalty thats 26pts

your going into Brazil, with the 1st must win race for lewis since Malaysia 2016. otherwise the title is out of his hands

Rob Smedley thinks Hamilton would win it ... if they were in identical cars.

However, the RB is the superior car and has been all season.

When it was put to him about what he would rather be driving in the final races of the year, his answer was unequivocal.

“If I was going to go for car, I would go for the Red Bull,” said Smedley. “I think it’s a slightly better car and it has been a better car all season.

well i have always said about lewis abilty to outperform his car & put his mercedes in places its shouldnt be. is often under estimated because he is winning so much, so from the outside it just looks like the best driver in the best car. but as we know from races in 2018 2019 & even 2020

My feeling is that it's still too close to call and will go down to the wire. My forecast before the season opener was for Hamilton to take WDC and Mercedes WCC so I'm committed to that.

If this and the next races are won by Verstappen with Hamilton second the the championship could well be decided by who has the most fastest laps in the final 3 races races.

i wonder whether we will look back at sochi & think that bout of rain & mad 10 mins. couldve been the moment that swung the title decisively. because instead of 2nd & 8th. it finished 1st & 2nd

it was actually my dad that said this, i hadnt realised because 8pts is nip & tuck. but in actual championship viewing, the pressure is still hugely on lewis because now there is only 2 rounds left, if verstappen wins in saudi that 14/15pts all of a sudden all max needs is 5th. or even if verstappen beats hamilton without the win. he can just follow him home ala rosberg 2016.

so techincally hamilton has to win the last 4 races to win the title, tough but if anyone can he can

Hamilton has an engine that has only been used once. It seems that it is more powerful than Botas's in qualifying mode so he has to be the favourite.

Hamilton has an engine that has only been used once. It seems that it is more powerful than Botas's in qualifying mode so he has to be the favourite.
i would make the favourite now, seemingly better cars & more experience but it being 8pts behind it is so precarious. as i saying he has to win in saudi now we expect him too. but tiny things can trip him up what happens if he makes a mistake in Q3 or if max is on the front row makes a better start. he cant afford to finish behind max in Saudi

i would make the favourite now, seemingly better cars & more experience but it being 8pts behind it is so precarious. as i saying he has to win in saudi now we expect him too. but tiny things can trip him up what happens if he makes a mistake in Q3 or if max is on the front row makes a better start. he cant afford to finish behind max in Saudi
Finish ahead of Verstappen is the first thing but it would help if Bottas has a clean race.

Last edited:
Given Bottas is essentially useless, and Perez is not, I think the championship is still a long shot for Lewis. He basically has to win both races. And Perez can be in a position to delay him on track.

Given Bottas is essentially useless, and Perez is not, I think the championship is still a long shot for Lewis. He basically has to win both races. And Perez can be in a position to delay him on track.
I completely agree. If only Russell was in the second seat I would feel confident in Lewis clinching this. Bottas is almost as effective as a third Red Bull driver.

As soon as it was made clear Bottas was going I would have had him on a "points for pounds" deal.

Every point he scored ahead of Perez netted him X thousand pounds and double that if he was ahead of Verstappen.

He's certainly not helped Mercedes this season.

He has to win one and finish ahead of Max in the other. Given how much faster the Mercedes has gotten since Mexico and Red Bull seemingly having no answer, it may be decided in the next track. If Lewis wins that he wins the championship as the final event is Mercedes land. I don’t think Perez or Bottas will matter in the driver chanpionship.
The only thing Bottas has helped Mercedes with this season, is them getting rid of him for George Russell.
I don’t know. Hungary worked out great for Mercedes. 😀

Back
Top Bottom